If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

42/47 inch

Options
  • 18-07-2014 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi I was thinking of getting a Panasonic viera TXL42ET60B OR a LG 47LB650V. What is the best price you could do them at? I have heard great reviews about your customer service. 
    Kind regards
    DeC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭legrand

interesting - not used it myself but reviews of WebOS UI have been very well received elsewhere...

http://www.avforums.com/review/lg-smart-webos-system-review.10451

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks Dec and thanks Osi as well,

I'd agree about the LB650, it is an excellent Tv but I don't think that the basic quality and especially functionality is as good as the Panasonic - You may get more bells and whistles with the LG but this year the fundamentals appear stronger on the Panas, at almost all price levels.

That's not to say that the LB650 is on any way a poor TV but given the choice say at 42" - I'd take the Pana 42AS600 over the 42LB650 (unless of course you really needed 3D!)

To answer the particular query, the 42ET60 is actually now a finished line - I do have one display model left to clear that we would do at £499.95 which would make it an excellent buy - alternatively the 42AS600 at £499 ( delivered) is a cracker...

Thanks again for the kind words and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Decs9

I'd agree about the LB650, it is an excellent Tv but I don't think that the basic quality and especially functionality is as good as the Panasonic - You may get more bells and whistles with the LG but this year the fundamentals appear stronger on the Panas, at almost all price levels.

That's not to say that the LB650 is on any way a poor TV but given the choice say at 42" - I'd take the Pana 42AS600 over the 42LB650 (unless of course you really needed 3D!)

To answer the particular query, the 42ET60 is actually now a finished line - I do have one display model left to clear that we would do at £499.95 which would make it an excellent buy - alternatively the 42AS600 at £499 ( delivered) is a cracker...

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks for the replies,

I was looking at these options also, could you give me a best price and delivery/collection options on the following:

Sony 40" KDL40R483

Sony 50" KDL50W656

LG 47" 47LN575V

Also are the following still available that you posted in the stock clearance?

Panasonic TXL42E6 – 42” Full HD, Smart TV, Wifi, Smart TV, Super Slim, 3HDMI, 2 USB
    Display
    Was £499.95 – Last one to clear at £379.95

Panasonic TXL42TE6 – 42” Full HD 3D , Smart TV, Wifi, Smart TV, Super Slim, 3HDMI, 2 USB, 600Hz Motion processing
    Display
    Was £599.95 – Now just £529.95

Regards,

Dec

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Decs9 wrote: »

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks for the replies,

I was looking at these options also, could you give me a best price and delivery/collection options on the following:

Sony 40" KDL40R483

Sony 50" KDL50W656

LG 47" 47LN575V

Also are the following  still available that you posted in the stock clearance?

Panasonic TXL42E6 – 42” Full HD, Smart TV, Wifi, Smart TV, Super Slim, 3HDMI, 2 USB
    Display

Panasonic TXL42TE6 – 42” Full HD 3D , Smart TV, Wifi, Smart TV, Super Slim, 3HDMI, 2 USB, 600Hz Motion processing
    Display

Regards,

Dec
    Hi Dec.

The first 3 screens are all now finished
    Sony 40"
    Sony 50"
    LG 47"
    All are now older models and our stock has totally gone on these.

The 42E6 Last one from display has also now been sold to another lucky boardie.

We do still have the 42ET60 ex-display priced as above @ £499.95 delivery would come in at £30

Let me know what you think or if you have any further questions please ask.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks for the replies,

Sony 40" KDL40R483

Sony 50" KDL50W656

LG 47" 47LN575V

Display

Display

Regards,

Dec
    Hi Dec.

Sony 40"
    Sony 50"
    LG 47"

We do still have the 42ET60 ex-display priced as above @ £499.95 delivery would come in at £30

Thanks John for the quick reply. Is £499 the besy you can do for a display model as rgb direct are doing it for £479. If you coould do a deal on it I would be very interested in it. Let me know what you think. Is the display model in good condition?
    Thanks again for everything.
    Declan

• Advertisement

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks for the replies,

Sony 40" KDL40R483

Sony 50" KDL50W656

LG 47" 47LN575V

Display

Display

Regards,

Dec
    Hi Dec.

Sony 40"
    Sony 50"
    LG 47"

Thanks John for the quick reply. Is £499 the besy you can do for a display model as rgb direct are doing it for £479. If you coould do a deal on it I would be very interested in it. Let me know what you think. Is the display model in good condition?
    Thanks again for everything.
    Declan
    Hi Dec.

Has a little check on the RGB website and don't seem to see it listed?

Our display model is in very good condition!

The £499.95 is even our website clearance price so I could not get any better.

Hi Kenny it won't let me post the link as I'm a new user
    .rgbdirect.co.uk/ProductQuickViewMobile.asp?SKUNumber=117662&Model=txl42et60b

So if you put the www in it might work.

Also what's your opinion on the Samsung UE40H6400 AND HOW does it compare? Do ye have them in stock?

Also if I read in a previous post that you can buy the panasonic TX42AS650B for £599.95 / 779.99 Euro. Is this brand new. Can you claim back 100 pounds and does it come with a guarantee?

Thanks for all your help, Dec

Hi Kenny it won't let me post the link as I'm a new user
    .rgbdirect.co.uk/ProductQuickViewMobile.asp?SKUNumber=117662&Model=txl42et60b

So if you put the www in it might work.

Also what's your opinion on the Samsung UE40H6400 AND HOW does it compare? Do ye have them in stock?

Also if I read in a previous  post that you can buy the panasonic TX42AS650B for £599.95 / 779.99 Euro. Is this brand new. Can you claim back 100 pounds and does it come with a guarantee?

Thanks for all your help, Dec
    Hi Decs,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I've checked with RGB and they're only offering a 5 year guarantee if the TV is collected in store.  We're offering our 5 year guarantee on the TV be it delivered or collected in store.  Unfortunately as It's not the same deal we couldn't price beat.  

It's a tough one between the Panasonic and Samsung, both excellent screens.  The Samsung would be the leader for smart features, it also has a quad core processor which is a nice feature if you're going to use a lot of the smart features.  

The Panasonic has a motion handling of 1200hz which is great for the likes of sports and gaming.  Picture quality is superb on the Panasonic.  

Between the 2 I'd go for the Samsung myself as the picture is good and the smart features are endless.  

The Panasonic TV is brand new :)  Unfortunately the £100 claim back promotion has now ended, you're still getting the 5 year guarantee tho :)

Let me know what you think.

Chris

Thanks Chris,

Has the Samsung a 5 year guarantee on it too? How much is it retailing for? Also is there a difference between the 6400 and the 6500?

Also Chris what do you think about the Sony Bravia KDL 705 AND THE W829? Are these as good as the other two?

• Advertisement

Thanks Chris,

Has the Samsung a 5 year guarantee on it too? How much is it retailing for? Also is there a difference between the 6400 and the 6500?
    Hi again,

Thanks for getting back to me :)

Yup!  All our TVs have a 5 year guarantee included.  The Samsung is retailing at £549.00.  The only 6500 we stocked was last years F6500 which is now discontinued :( 

The Sony 705 and 829 aren't bad at all, nice picture and sound wise they actually aren't bad at all for TV speakers.   I'd still recommend the Samsung or Panasonic over the Sony's though.  

Chris

Hi I bought a telly two years ago off you, just looking for a 49 inch Panasonic 4K telly if you have any? What would be the best price?

Hi I bought a telly two years ago off you, just looking for a 49 inch Panasonic 4K telly if you have any? What would be the best price?
    Hi Decs9,

The only 49 inch Panasonic 4K TV I would have would be the TX49DX600 at £599:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/tx49dx600b/pana-tx49dx600b

There is also a higher spec 50" model which will display HDR (the 600 won't). This is the TX50DX700 at £699:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-tx50dx700b/pana-tx50dx700b

Let me know what you think

David

Hi Decs9,

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/tx49dx600b/pana-tx49dx600b

There is also a higher spec 50" model which will display HDR (the 600 won't). This is the TX50DX700 at £699:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-tx50dx700b/pana-tx50dx700b

David

Hi David,

Sorry my wife had a baby and never got back to you. I'm still looking for a 49 inch 4k telly. What's the best price I can get please?

Hi Decs9,

David

Hi David,

Sorry my wife had a baby and never got back to you. I'm still looking for a 49 inch 4k telly. What's the best price I can get please?
    Hi Decs9,

Congratulations on the new arrival!

Those TVs I recommended have actually come down a good bit further since we last spoke. The TX49DX600 is down to £499 and the TX50DX700 is now £579 which is a great price for a TV with such good spec.

Kind regards

David

Hi Decs9,

Those TVs I recommended have actually come down a good bit further since we last spoke. The TX49DX600 is down to £499 and the TX50DX700 is now £579 which is a great price for a TV with such good spec.

Kind regards

David

Thanks David, I think I'd prob go with the one for 579. Would you be able to deliver to Maynooth?

Thanks
    Declan

Hi Decs9,

Kind regards

David

Thanks David, I think I'd prob go with the one for 579. Would you be able to deliver to Maynooth?

Thanks
    Declan
    Hi Declan.

We can indeed delivery it to Maynooth for £6.99

If you drop me your contact number we can give you a call :)

Hi Declan.

Is that the best price you can do as curry's are doing it for 749 with delivery there isn't much of a difference.

Hi Declan.

Is that the best price you can do as curry's are doing it for 749 with delivery there isn't much of a difference.
    Hi Decs9.

Unfortunately Currys only offer a 1 year warranty on their screen.

However we are priced at 729.00 euro making us cheaper anyway.
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201898-viera-tx50dx700b.aspx

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.