Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recomend someone to break a young horse

Options
  • 18-07-2014 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have a 4 year old arab gelding which I want to have broken for riding. I don't have the experience to do this myself. I worked with him a little last year and he is great to lead and quick to pick up on ground work generally - fairly quiet and willing - but I have done nothing with him over the last 10 months or so. Ideally I would like someone who uses natural horsemanship methods to break the horse but would consider anyone who works sympathetically and effectively with horses and is willing to also help me to gain in experience in working with a youngster so that I can bring him on.

Recommendations greatly appreciated. I am in south Dublin and need somewhere within about an hours drive so could probably make it to Meath, Louth, Wicklow and possibly Laois but not much further afield.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

I know a woman in Co Kildare - just off the Blessington Rd (from Dublin) in Ballymore Eustace, if that would be a viable drive PM me for details - good luck in your search! I think the most important thing about finding someone to braek your young horse, is someone SYMPATHETIC, GENTLE and KIND! (apart from the experience/knowledge of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Google loughway stud. Based close to clane. She does a very good job

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭paddi22

donal halligan is amazing. i'd send any young horse to him for breaking. I had a rescue horse with a good few issues and he had them sorted very gently and easily in a few sessions. He uses natural horsemanship, but is a proper old school horseman. His facebook page is 'natural horse ireland'

Advertisement