Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can't play wolfenstein new order on xbox one while patch is downloading

Options
  • 18-07-2014 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

I read that it was wasn't essential for the game only for network features which is just leaderboards. I only have a 1mb internet available so i won't be able to play until next with a 7gb patch.The only way i can play it is offline which is annoying and i haven't noticed a major bugs. why can't i just play it while the patch is downloading?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

In what kind of world do we live in where 7gb is an acceptable patch to network and scoreboards?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Has there ever being a game where you could play it while it was downloading a patch? I don't think so at least not on the 360 or One

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

According to the Bethesda Community Manager...
    Once your game has installed enough data from the disc to become playable (should take only 2-3 minutes), you’re able to load up the game. With the available title update, it now informs you that the title update is required for network features. As Wolfenstein: The New Order is predominantly a single player experience (the only online component is the game’s leaderboard), you can absolutely skip this process and begin playing the game start to finish. If you’re not connected to a network, you won’t even receive the title update info.

If you do accept the title update, it’s 4964 mb. It’ll download in the background while you play, but as noted, you won’t be able to access the single player leaderboards until it completes.

So can you not just reject the Title Update and continue to play?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭sky23

gizmo wrote: »
    According to the Bethesda Community Manager...

So can you not just reject the Title Update and continue to play?

no you can't play if you cancel update it just says failed installation, someone involved with the game said the patch was optional that it was just network related as its not multiplayer this is just the leaderboard stuff which i don't care about anyway. I have finished the game just playing offline and i haven't noticed a single bug, it played perfectly so i think if there were any campaign bug fixes in there they were minor

Advertisement