Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meat slicers?

Options
  • 18-07-2014 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭

Random question of the day - does anyone have a home meat slicer (like this one) and if so, was it worth it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Yes, I have. I spends a large amount of it's life gathering dust on top of one of my kitchen presses. A PITA to clean as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

+1 pita cleaning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

we have one, i think we got it in lidl. we make our own sliced ham etc, it gets used enuf and its great imho :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭GoodBridge

Got one in lidl a few years ago. Was planning on using it for slicing bread (we have a breadmaker but it can be hard to cut thin slices) and also thought I could slice my own rashers with those vac-packed back bacon packs (you know the ones, look just like a really thick rasher).

It mangles things a bit at the start and especially the end so have only used it about twice. Plus, it's a PITA to clean if you've used it for meat but with bread it's fine.

Advertisement