Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No internet since moving house

Options
  • 18-07-2014 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭

EDIT its fixed now apparently!

This is on behalf of my daughter who recently moved from Athenry, where she had been getting Eircom broadband for say 3 years, to Youghal. She brought the modem with her. The phone line was connected fairly quick, but no internet. She was told "wait until Wednesday" Wednesday came and went and she was told "oh we meant next Wednesday"

That day came and went too. Red light, modem reports "DSL down"

She was sent another modem, no joy. An engineer came round with a bag of spanners, turned it off and on and left. Daughter called tech support, they said "you'll have to wait for a port to become available".

Now I know the term 'port' has several meanings in IT, so its unclear what was meant. I'm sure they didn't want to get too technical with her.

To my mind this is APALLING service

I can PM her account/phone number if necessary, hope you can help resolve this, she has 2 teenage children getting 'net withdrawal too !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    EDIT its fixed now apparently!

This is on behalf of my daughter who recently moved from Athenry, where she had been getting Eircom broadband for say 3 years, to Youghal. She brought the modem with her. The phone line was connected fairly quick, but no internet. She was told "wait until Wednesday" Wednesday came and went and she was told "oh we meant next Wednesday"

That day came and went too. Red light, modem reports "DSL down"

She was sent another modem, no joy. An engineer came round with a bag of spanners, turned it off and on and left. Daughter called tech support, they said "you'll have to wait for a port to become available".

Now I know the term 'port' has several meanings in IT, so its unclear what was meant. I'm sure they didn't want to get too technical with her.

To my mind this is APALLING service

I can PM her account/phone number if necessary, hope you can help resolve this, she has 2 teenage children getting 'net withdrawal too !
    Hi bonzodog2

I'm sorry to hear of the delays in having this resolved, I'm glad to hear it's fixed now but if you have issues with this in future do feel free to PM me the details.

Al

Advertisement