Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary school teaching in australia??

Options
  • 18-07-2014 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Would anybody have any knowledge about the requirements to teach primary school in Australia?? Also has anybody ever studied there to do this? Is it something that can be done by distance learning I wonder. Many thanks in advance for any info / advice you can offer :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

amy1plus2 wrote: »
    Would anybody have any knowledge about the requirements to teach primary school in Australia?? Also has anybody ever studied there to do this? Is it something that can be done by distance learning I wonder. Many thanks in advance for any info / advice you can offer :)

My friend works in the recruitment of teachers. If ya have exp you'll find work. No idea about requirements though sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

Do you have a teaching qualification or are you working towards one?

I only know about Victoria but here is what i know.
    To register with as a a full time teacher you need a four teaching year degree (or at least 4 years in higher education with a teaching qualification).
    You can still register as a teacher with a three year qualification but only to sub and you are not eligible for a full time job.

My friend did an English degree in Ireland and did a one year teaching postgrad in Melbourne to become a teacher also. But as she was not a resident she had to pay full fees which a lot. She then got a graduate teaching job after the year in University.

Advertisement