Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Access Course Fee?

Options
  • 18-07-2014 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭

Hi everyone.

I want to do the UCD Access to Science and Education course this September. As someone claiming Jobseeker's Allowance, I've been told I'm probably entitled to a reduced fee (normal course fee is €1800). The thing is, the woman I spoke to in the admissions office said she couldn't tell me how much the actual reduction would be, and that I'd find out after the lecture/interview.

I know it probably depends on a person's individual circumstances, but it would be nice to have some idea - I'm going to have to scrape the money together, or put a few other plans on hold if the reduction isn't that significant.

If anyone has gone through the same procedure, can they give me a clue as to how much their course fee was? I won't assume the fee you paid will be what I'll end up paying, but I'd like some idea!

Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

They might reduce the fee by half ( if you have a medical card)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

They might reduce the fee by half ( if you have a medical card)

Thanks for taking the time to respond, Scrappychimow. Is that based on personal experience?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

Oak76 wrote: »
    Thanks for taking the time to respond, Scrappychimow. Is that based on personal experience?
    Yep, access to science.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭TheSockMonster

I don't know about access to science but Im applying for access to arts and human sciences and I was told the course fee is reduced by half for that so it might be the same for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I have a place on the access to arts and human sciences for this sept. course fee is €850 reduced by half to €425 because I am on jobseekers. and if you can't afford to pay it all upfront you can agree a payment plan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

Thanks for the feedback folks, much appreciated!

Advertisement