Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vice, Abbey Street

• 18-07-2014 4:47pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was in Vice today (formerly 3FE Abbey St.) and have to say great selection of beans to buy there.

They have stuff from 3FE, Square mile(London) and Koppi(Sweden).

As I'm expecting a delivery from Bailies any day now I limited myself to 1 bag (Momentum Espresso blend from 3fe) but will certainly try to get in there again to stock up.

Good work guys, keep it up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

Try the Koppi. One of the best roasters I've ever tried. Beans were crazy sweet!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Jezek wrote: »
    Try the Koppi. One of the best roasters I've ever tried. Beans were crazy sweet!

I'll try it next time, they seemed more suited to filter though so I went with the espresso blend. Hopefully next week I can pick one up!

adrian522 wrote: »
    I'll try it next time, they seemed more suited to filter though so I went with the espresso blend. Hopefully next week I can i pick one up!
    yes it was as filter that I tried them ! If you mess areound with an aeropress the results are great

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Who's running Vice?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Who's running Vice?

I'm not sure, the setup hasn't changed all that much since the 3Fe days. They have the aforementioned beans, they also have stuff like the Red brick and sweetshop from square mile as their espressos.

It's very good, just that I don't get into town much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Who's running Vice?

Tom. Worked there in the 3FE day's & took it over from Colin when he moved on.

snollup wrote: »
    Tom. Worked there in the 3FE day's & took it over from Colin when he moved on.

great guy, always helpful with choosing beans, talking coffee etc. always helps me with some good tasting notes whenever I ask.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

We had coffee there Saturday. Nice coffee. Different atmosphere, nice though. First time in. Will go again though. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭James_R

Great coffee but the location isn't great, still smells of the Twisted Pepper.

James_R wrote: »
    Great coffee but the location isn't great, still smells of the Twisted Pepper.

haha I kinda get that but on the other hand you can't say it doesn't have character! I actually love it in there with all its grime and alcohol-sticky surfaces

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

I think that Vice are arguably doing the best coffee in Dublin right now.

snollup wrote: »
    I think that Vice are arguably doing the best coffee in Dublin right now.

they might be. It's a great sign when you can't call it because there are so many amazzing coffee places in dublin. I would add Coffee Angel and 3FE as the other obvious contenders, and maybe roasted brown as the underdog in this fight.

Advertisement