Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you miss the acceptance deadline for CAO, is it game over?

Options
  • 18-07-2014 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

My daughter who is 24 was working down the country for a few weeks, and never accepted her offer from CAO and has missed the deadline.

As it is Friday afternoon and past office hours she can't contact them regarding this. And was wondering if she will now have wait until next year to apply again. She was worried about fees and accommodation costs so was trying to work extra in order to help fund it.

But I am worried now that it might be too late for her.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭QueenBee1

I would say it is yes. You need to have replied by the date, if you dont they will just assume she didnt want the place and offer it to someone else in the next round.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Joaquin223

Unfortunately, the poster above is correct, they are extremely strict about deadlines.

Bit of a long shot, but if she applied to a course that usually doesn't fill out, it would be there to apply for in August on the vacant places list. However, very few courses are left with vacant places.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Bit of a long shot as CAO are very strict about the acceptance deadline. However maybe if you contact the college they might be able to do something.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Sometimes some colleges advertise courses directly which have not been filled by CAO - keep an eye out

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭MyNameIsMethos

To add to all that's been said above: if the offer that your daughter failed to accept was not her top preference, then she may be offered her top choice soonish in round 1 if there are any spots which are available/left over from round 0. (I myself am holding out for a higher preference in GMIT).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Sam Harts

Thank you to everyone for your replies, my daughter was eventually offered the place again in the August round of offers... Just in case anyone finds themselves in the same boat

Advertisement