Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A problem with an account being closed.

Options
  • 18-07-2014 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭

I'm writing this up on behalf of my mother, who is out of the country for a few weeks.  She sent an email to Eircom, as instructed to asking for the internet to be cancelled with immediate effect but to retain the phone and line rental as per usual.

The internet was cancelled alright, along with the rest of the account. I was on the phone to you last Monday and I when requested I sent a forwarded copy of that mail along with the response from Eircom. My Mother has a package on this that is no longer available and hasn't been available for quite some time. Apparently getting the line turned back on wouldn't be a problem but getting that same package back could be. I made the point that she shouldn't be punished for Eircoms mistake and that as she had never cancelled the account she shouldn't lose it. He agreed, but said that from his end there was nothing he could do. He said he would get the line put back on, and then forward to complaints and they should be able to help. I was promised a call back the next day and told that the line only takes 24 hours to reactivate. I agreed and asked that she just be put on the cheapest plan until everything is sorted out.

As I said that was Monday, it's now Friday I have yet to get a call back, nor has the line been reactivated. I could ring again, but as I'm calling from a mobile it costs me money, also nobody seems to be quite sure which department I should actually be talking to. After making my way though the computer as best I could I was told I should have gone to cancellations and was put through there, then cancellations couldn't figure out why I had been put through to sales, sales was going to put me back to cancellations until I pointed out that I had just came from there and then he did his best to help me. Because of this I don't really want to call back and be passed around again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Nolimits wrote: »
    I'm writing this up on behalf of my mother, who is out of the country for a few weeks.  She sent an email to Eircom, as instructed to asking for the internet to be cancelled with immediate effect but to retain the phone and line rental as per usual.

The internet was cancelled alright, along with the rest of the account. I was on the phone to you last Monday and I when requested I sent a forwarded copy of that mail along with the response from Eircom. My Mother has a package on this that is no longer available and hasn't been available for quite some time. Apparently getting the line turned back on wouldn't be a problem but getting that same package back could be. I made the point that she shouldn't be punished for Eircoms mistake and that as she had never cancelled the account she shouldn't lose it. He agreed, but said that from his end there was nothing he could do. He said he would get the line put back on, and then forward to complaints and they should be able to help. I was promised a call back the next day and told that the line only takes 24 hours to reactivate. I agreed and asked that she just be put on the cheapest plan until everything is sorted out.

As I said that was Monday, it's now Friday I have yet to get a call back, nor has the line been reactivated. I could ring again, but as I'm calling from a mobile it costs me money, also nobody seems to be quite sure which department I should actually be talking to. After making my way though the computer as best I could I was told I should have gone to cancellations and was put through there, then cancellations couldn't figure out why I had been put through to sales, sales was going to put me back to cancellations until I pointed out that I had just came from there and then he did his best to help me. Because of this I don't really want to call back and be passed around again.
    Hi Nolimits

I'm very sorry to hear of this, could you please PM me the account number and a contact number for yourself? I will look in to this further,

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Done, thanks.

Done,  thanks.
    Thanks for taking my call Nolimits

As soon as I have more information I will be back to you right away

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

All sorted, and back on the old package. Thanks Alan.

All sorted,  and back on the old package. Thanks Alan.
    No worries Nolimits

It's a pleasure to help, apologies for the delays in having this resolved however if you have any further queries or concerns in the future please feel free to get back to me here :)

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement