Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI-Week 20-Weekend 18-20 July

• 18-07-2014 7:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭

Week 20 Fixtures
    Premier Division
    Friday, July 18, 2014

7:45 p.m. Bray Wanderers v Shamrock Rovers Carlisle Grounds
    8:05 p.m. Cork City v U.C.D Turners Cross (on Setanta)

Sunday, July 20, 2014

7 p.m. Dundalk v Athlone Town Oriel Park

First Division
    Friday, July 18, 2014

7:45 p.m. Waterford United v Wexford Youths Regional Sports Centre
    8 p.m. Finn Harps v Galway FC Finn Park

Saturday, July 19, 2014

7:45 p.m. Cobh Ramblers v Longford Town St. Colman's Park

Sunday, July 20, 2014

2 p.m. Shamrock Rovers B v Shelbourne Tallaght Stadium

Shortened fixture list with all of the European teams except Dundalk not playing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Still not losing, Shams are crap :P (I know its only HT)

Can hear the Cork-UCD match...very quiet at the moment. Didn't realise it was an 8.05 KO either which annoys me, wouldve gone otherwise.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Snoozy afair here in Bray. Rovers have been very poor and not created any chances of note. Bray have had their chances but some good defending after some poor defending has kept it at 0-0.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Looks like a nice and tidy result in the South East derby :D Danny Furlong with a first half hat-trick, no goals from Waterford. Couldn't be happier for Danny, his season was going the wrong way altogether until now.

2-0 to Shams now, both in quick succession. For the second, Scully's clearing header came off the post apparently???

That should say the first goal, not second.

Cork jusrt scored.

• Advertisement

Final score Wexford 3-0 Waterford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Thanks Harps and Rovers...........

Roll on Sunday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Very poor performance from City tonight. Deserved the win overall but play like that against a half decent side and we get beat.

Nice to see John O Flynn back and another top class performances from Sullivan and Linehan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Good performance from Wexford tonight but, by God, Waterford are poor. Youths didn't have to do much in the 2nd half and ceded possession to the hosts who couldn't cross a ball if their life depended on it

Excellent, hungry performance from Danny Furlong, such a player when he is on form

BTW (and I wouldn't be used to saying this) but a fine performance by Buttimer who reffed the game tonight)

oldyouth wrote: »

BTW (and I wouldn't be used to saying this) but a fine performance by Buttimer who reffed the game tonight)

:eek: never thought I'd see the day you'd say that!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Good performance from Wexford tonight but, by God, Waterford are poor. Youths didn't have to do much in the 2nd half and ceded possession to the hosts who couldn't cross a ball if their life depended on it

Excellent, hungry performance from Danny Furlong, such a player when he is on form

Maybe with his performance last night (I still find it hard to believe) he might get the Top 2's clash in 2 weeks Cork V Dundalk. Now that would be fun

[/B]

Maybe with his performance last night (I still find it hard to believe) he might get the Top 2's clash in 2 weeks Cork V Dundalk. Now that would be fun

He must have blotted his copybook recently in the Premier to get our game, but if that is the standard you enjoy count your blessings. We get rejects from the Care in The Community Programme in the 1st Division

He must have blotted his copybook recently in the Premier to get our game, but if that is the standard you enjoy count your blessings. We get rejects from the Care in The Community Programme in the 1st Division

He has only refereed 1 or 2 Prem games all season

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

He has only refereed 1 or 2 Prem games all season

Long may that continue and take Dave McKeon down there with him.

Have you lads any idea what it is like to have McKell, Grant, Dunphy etc officiate at your game? You don't know when you are blessed

I've seen plenty of FD refs this season. Buttimer refereed the controversial semi-final between Dundalk and Drogheda with two red cards and a penalty. He reffed Rovers 0-4 Pats with another two red cards. You can keep him :p

No idea who the FD refs are, couldn't pick them out from one another. Only major problem with FD refs is their inability to know when to play advantage and when not to.

dfx- wrote: »
    I've seen plenty of FD refs this season. Buttimer refereed the controversial semi-final between Dundalk and Drogheda with two red cards and a penalty. He reffed Rovers 0-4 Pats with another two red cards. You can keep him :p

No idea who the FD refs are, couldn't pick them out from one another. Only major problem with FD refs is their inability to know when to play advantage and when not to.

:confused::confused:
    Or their inability to see when a tackle is a free or not
    Their inability to distinguish whats a Yellow or Red Card
    Their inability to let the game flow

I could go on all night. The refs are a joke in every game (for both teams)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

:confused::confused:
    Or their inability to see when a tackle is a free or not
    Their inability to distinguish whats a Yellow or Red Card
    Their inability to let the game flow

I could go on all night. The refs are a joke in every game (for both teams)

Indeed, ref today at Rovers Lite v Shels got so many calls wrong it was ridiculous. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Indeed, ref today at Rovers Lite v Shels got so many calls wrong it was ridiculous. :o

It was actually ridiculous. If there was an assessor at the game he is finished.

Wasn't the opening goalscorer booked early on, then he handled a cross about a minute before he scored...should've probably been off the pitch. I'm sure he was booked, McDonnell was going mad at him to keep his head when he handled it.

An awful game. Awful awful game. The Shels 16 had a lot of pace with a very slow Rovers defence (Corrie Treacy needed a ten yard head start on him and he only came on in the second half), but really not much else happened.

Shels fans beside me moaning at inconsequential refereeing decisions on the halfway line to keep themselves amused I'd say.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    It was actually ridiculous. If there was an assessor at the game he is finished.
    There is an assessor at every game. I know of one instance where a lino was apologising to a team official afterwards for making a (serious) error during the game, only for the assessor to pull him to one side and instruct him to stick by the original decision in his report

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

dfx- wrote: »
    The Shels 16 had a lot of pace

Dylan Connolly, recently played for the Irish U19s, excellent player. Can't see him being with us next season :(

Andrew Mullally should never ref a match in the League again, absolutely dire!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Rovers B team beginning to crack it seems. Had a poor season all together but the fight seems to be out of them. Players that would have made a difference are playing in the first team.

Players like Bayley, Kelly, O'Connor (Dave and Sean), Cornwall etc have all been playing for the first team and are not being alternated into the B team. Ryan Brennan, Shepard, Byrne and a few others who are not playing every week should also be played for the B's when rules allow.

You dont gain experience losing week in and week out, big confidence hit being taken. If we're going to see the long term benefits we need to change things now, we cant win the league now or ever but it'd be nice to not see the lads getting hammered so much. Despite it working in some terms with the likes of Oconnor and Cornwall playing very well in the first team.

This season was largely thrown together I'd say, the long term benefits will be starting from 11 and 12 year olds now.

The very slow defence couldn't cope with the pace on Sunday. Lyons has been pretty impressive, but not played much. Keepers have been very very poor. They do need players to drop down from the first team to keep themselves going and not get hammered every week. I'd say that Bayly, Sheppard, O'Connor, SOC all started against Cork last night and Kelly was on the bench affected that.

Not impressed with Hawkins since the Longford game.

Advertisement