Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headphones from xtravision

Options
  • 18-07-2014 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    My daughter bought a set of headphones from xtravision on 7th May, in the last couple of days they have stopped working in one ear.

They told me that as it's past the 28 day period it's not their problem. Surely at €39.99 they should last more than 2 and a half months?

Does anyone know if there's more I can do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Is there a manufacturer's guarantee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Should definitely last longer than that but tbh, I've started fixing my own. Bought a soldering iron and torrented the repair manuals. Less hassle in the long run for such a small item.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Is there a manufacturer's guarantee?

I don't know, I don't have the box anymore.

The sound has gone in one ear....soldering wouldn't be a good idea for me to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

They're fobbing you off, do you have a receipt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Probably a loose connection at the jack, happens when you pull them out by the wire rather than the jack.

Anyway usual process is write to the shop and head office outlining that you expect repair, replacement or refund under the Sale of Goods and Service act and if you receive no contact confirming same within 7/14/28 days you'll proceed to the Small Claims Court.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

They'll have a manufactures warranty at the last but your first port of call is the retailer. Keep hounding them to sort it. If they're only cheap they'll probably replace them. Get your daughter to lookup how to properly store her headphones too they'll last longer with correct storage.

Staplor wrote: »
    They're fobbing you off, do you have a receipt?

Yes thankfully!

Thanks everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Isn't this type of issue user damaged ? As one poster said cause by pulling on the cable?

Riamfada wrote: »
    Isn't this type of issue user damaged ? As one poster said cause by pulling on the cable?

She hasn't pulled the cable, I asked her and she's been very careful to only pull it out by the jack.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Can I ask what make they are.my company supplies xtra vision with earphones and If they returned a damaged pair to us within 12 months they receive a credit note within 30 days no questions asked

• Advertisement

Hi thanks for all the replies.

Just to follow up and let you know that after contacting xtravision he they were sent away to the manufacturer who replaced them with a new pair. Brilliant!!

Thanks again.

Advertisement