Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weird Day Driving Near Misses

• 18-07-2014 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭

What a strange day. There I was driving home in swords co. Dublin at 1:45pm, minding my own business, and up ahead I saw a blue sports car doing doughnuts in the middle of a busy road, so I slowed down as you do but the driver in the car put his foot down hard and accelerated to high speed slipping all over the wet road and onto my side of the road and I had to swerve left to avoid them hitting me. That was it.

This is the strange part, or coincidence. I met my sister just after this and she said she was coming back from ALSA dublin airport and that she was crossing the road at ALSA with a green light for her to walk/cross but this other driver broke the red light at high speed and almost hit her, about 1 inch from her driving at speed, she said 1 more inch or two and she would have been a goner.

I thought this was one hell of a coincidence all near the same time of happening. What are the chances of this happening both of us at the near same time. Just thought I'd share this because it feels weird for sure.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

7RrfjlT.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Ya weird things like that tend to happen from time to time, don't they say things happen in 3's....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

I always find Friday's are crazy on the road.

Had a few close calls this week, someone almost t-boned me as he broke a red light coming through a junction and a truck nearly ran into me as I was going around a roundabout and he overshot. Mad stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I had another near miss this morning in the car, three times in one week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

If coincidences didn't happen, we wouldn't have a word for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

If it were a nearly a miss they must have hit you.

The more correct term is "near hit" in this case :p

was.deevey wrote: »

Not necessarily: "It was a miss, but it was near". A near miss.

English language idiom is wonderfully flexible...

was.deevey wrote: »

Not necessarily: "It was a miss, but it was near". A near miss.

English language idiom is wonderfully flexible...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,522 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Yeah, what kind of miss? A near one!

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Fecking crazy day today. Had at least 3 near hits :p. :eek:

- Stupid bint in car park reverses back and almost hits me. No reversing lights!
    - English car/van yoke up near Glendalough on the wrong side of the road. Beeped him and he gave me the finger.
    - Some weird little japanese "retro" type car nearly hit me on a bend near powerscourt house. It took the corner so hard and fast that one of the front wheels lifted.

The idiots were certainly out in force today... :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Dord wrote: »
    - English car/van yoke up near Glendalough on the wrong side of the road.
    Had a similar incident this morning in Laragh. Someone in a VW Kuntwagon completely on the wrong side of the road, taking a right turn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

7RrfjlT.jpg

LOL. Good one. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

No Pants wrote: »
    Had a similar incident this morning in Laragh. Someone in a VW Kuntwagon completely on the wrong side of the road, taking a right turn.

Well played!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I thought this was going to be an anti-women drivers thread:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,522 ✭✭✭✭Esel

cantdecide wrote: »
    I thought this was going to be an anti-women drivers thread:o
    You want the Near Ms. thread.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I saw a dope yesterday morning driving out of mallow towards cork with a leaflet up on the steering wheel reading away as he was driving at 100 kph :mad:

Advertisement