Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel for sending parcels

Options
  • 18-07-2014 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭

Parcel Motel now ship to home (or work) addresses in Ireland and the UK.

Ireland shipping is:

Small 8 x 38 x 64cm = €6.50
    Medium 19 x 38 x 64cm = €7.50
    Large 41 x 38 x 64cm = €8.50

Max weight 10kg

Price is inclusive of VAT (unlike An Post).

A lot of the couriers starting prices (if you're lucky) is €7.50 + fuel surcharge + VAT can come to €9.80, so roughly €8 ex VAT.

Parcel Motel largest locker is quite big. Nearly all my orders without a fishing rod or landing net would fit. Price ex. VAT is €6.91. The small and medium lockers are cheaper, and would suffice for certain orders. An Post will hammer you on weight - I know as I ship fishing leads and weights where the packages can be small. Here I intend to use the smallest locker for €5.28 ex. VAT.

So for light small packages I use An Post, medium packages Parcel Motel and long (or really heavy) parcels DPD.

The big players would probably have good courier rates, so PM wouldn't be an advantage, but for a lot of us it will. Obviously you'd have to be living close to a PM, but they're popping up all over the place!

PS. Shipping to a customer's PM locker is even cheaper. Could be the future of eCommerce shipping. There's also something about free returns but I haven't looked into it. Littlewoods use it, so it must have some value.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Forgot to mention, I used it today for the first time and the process was a breeze. Also handy for getting orders out outside of business hours as the motel is open 24 hrs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Seamus1964

How its gonna work if I order from UK ?

e.g. using free UK shipping option?

As far I do understand ,when I will order goods from UK I must use Parcel Motel UK (Antrim) address to avail free UK delivery .
    What do I need to do next to get goods delivered to my Ireland address from there?

Lets say I order Sky Digital box from ebay UK what has been advertised with free UK delivery (and only UK delivery accepted by the seller)?

Seamus1964 wrote: »
    How its gonna work if I order from UK ?

e.g. using free UK shipping option?

As far I do understand ,when I will order goods from UK I must use Parcel Motel UK (Antrim) address to avail free UK delivery .
    What do I need to do next to get goods delivered to my Ireland address from there?

Lets say I order Sky Digital box from ebay UK what has been advertised with free UK delivery (and only UK delivery accepted by the seller)?

It will be delivered to your local parcel motel depot in the republic. You choose this when you open your PM account.

So when you buy something from amazon for example, just put in your name and PM number and use the Antrim address.

Joe Bloggs
    Your PMID
    1A McKinney Rd
    Newtownabbey
    Antrim
    BT36 4PE

Ok, thanks!

But when I request it to be delivered to my postal address (original topic) do I pay Postal Motel depot charges + home delivery top of that or how that works?

Ok, thanks!

But when I request it to be delivered to my postal address (original topic) do I pay Postal Motel depot charges + home delivery top of that or how that works?

If it has free UK delivery, then you only pay one fee (the parcel motel fee). Thinks it's €3.95 now.

• Advertisement

Ok, thanks!

Do you mean your home address or a parcel motel depot in the republic? The depots are everywhere now
    Screen+Shot+2013-08-06+at+20.12.57.png

Thanks!

Sorry but you don't get my question,

Original post did say:

"Parcel Motel now ship to home (or work) addresses in Ireland and the UK."

Im asking how can I get those goods from UK to my HOME address not Parcel Motel Depot and with what cost?

Would it be cost of Parcel Motel Depot 3.95 + 7.50 or 7.50 is total cost? And how do I request home delivery?

Thanks!

Sorry but you don't get my question,

Original post did say:

"Parcel Motel now ship to home (or work) addresses in Ireland and the UK."

Im asking how can I get those goods from UK to my HOME address not Parcel Motel Depot and with what cost?

Would it be cost of Parcel Motel Depot 3.95 + 7.50 or 7.50 is total cost? And how do I request home delivery?

The original post was for small businesses using the parcel motel for sending parcels to customers (there's no charge as the business pays).

You're asking about receiving parcels, via your own PM account.

If you want it delivered to your home address via your own purchase, then it's a more expensive than €3.95. Think it's an extra €7. But there's probably a motel close enough to you.

Got it!

Thanks a mill!

Advertisement