Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Empty box from boots.ie

Options
  • 18-07-2014 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭

Hi,

I ordered an item online during the week from boots.ie. it was delivered today by DPD but from what I gather no one signed for the package. My parents were home but it was apparently left on my neighbours doorstep which they dropped up to my house.

I tracked the package online and it was signed for 'my surname' no first name. My neighbours are related to me but no one signed so it seems the driver just dropped the box and signed my surname himself.

Now here is the real issue. When I opened the box it was empty. Just an invoice but no product. The box didn't appear to be tampered with and I know my relatives didn't do anything like that. I'm going to ring boots tomorrow but how do I prove an empty box was empty? I mean if I was on the receiving end of that call I'd be very suspicious but I'm 100% genuine. Has this ever happened anyone else?

For clarification I don't want a refund just the product so hopefully they can send me an email so I can bring to a store and collect it rather than post. In hindsight I should have selected this option the first time!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've received an entirely empty box from Pixmania that wasn't even large enough for the product in question. It was eventually replaced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Football Friend

MYOB wrote: »
    I've received an entirely empty box from Pixmania that wasn't even large enough for the product in question. It was eventually replaced.

Cheers for the reply! Yeah I think my item would have been under pressure to fit in the box I received too but I just don't know how to proceed. I'm gonna call them tomorrow but can't see it going well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Get on to the courier as well and get the exact story of who, in which house, signed for it if at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Get on to the courier as well and get the exact story of who, in which house, signed for it if at all.

You had no contract with the courier. It is up to the seller to contact them if they wish. Do not contact the courier.
    May all just be a simple error by Boots. Panic not until you contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭AlwaysAmber

Weigh the box. The shipping documents will have the weight printed on it, if the weight shown on the documents is the same as you've got, it's a simple error by Boots. If the weights are different, it means the box has been tampered with.

• Advertisement
Advertisement