Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child benefit question

Options
  • 18-07-2014 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I had joint custody of my wee daughter for years and my ex girlfriend use to claim child benefit . Two years ago there was problem s with the child living with the mother and court ordered.that I have full custody and mother only see the child at weekends in her grannys house
    As her mothers house was not a safe place for child I applied for child benefit as I be came unemployed and dole payment with the wast enough . I received child benefit for past two years and we get by now . Two weeks ago judge said he would give the child mother 50% custody so long as child still stayed in grannys house and not back in mothers house . Today I receive letter from child benefit stating they suspend my child benefit as mother is making a claim to. Have it back even do she has child 50% of the time and resides in her mothers how and has a full time government job . Is she entitled to get child benefit even do its me that pays for all school.books uniforms school bus normal clothing every thing I pay for and mother pays for nothing

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

glenadam, I've given you your own thread for your query, as the other one was an old thread and may have incorrect information. We also have a State Benefits forum on Boards where you can continue to post as an unregistered user if you wish. If you want your thread moved there, let me know.

Advertisement