Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skyrim for ps4

Options
  • 19-07-2014 12:28am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7

Anyone know what the story is with skyrim online? Or even bringing out the original skyrim for the ps4?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Skyrim is not coming to One/Ps4, elder scrolls online was delayed for 6 months so end of this year early 2015 for that and by all accounts its rubbish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 Trixy_Trollox

Running out of reasons to not go back to my 360

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Running out of reasons to not go back to my 360

And why wouldn't you go back? It's not like the first year of a new console's lifespan suddenly renders the previous gen completely and instantly redundant - worthwhile new games will still be coming out for another year or two yet while the software catalogue on new hardware improves. Certainly high-res upgrades of existing games aren't exactly utilising the new consoles in the best way, and it's games built from the ground up that makes hardware truly worthwhile. And it's not like a great game isn't a great game any more because superior hardware exists (although I'd personally contest Skyrim being a great game, because I'm a contrary ass like that ;)), so if you want to play it again just do it.

If you want a fresh coat of paint over the 360 version, there's always the PC version anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

why the hell are so many people so obsessed with ports of old games to PS4.... ITS A WASTE OF DEVELOPMENT TIME

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Cause there is a lack of quality alternatives atm on ps4/xbox 1.

I dont think The last of us being remade is a waste of development time,as i never played it on PS3

• Advertisement

EoinHef wrote:
    I dont think The last of us being remade is a waste of development time,as i never played it on PS3

buy it on PS3 it'll be cheaper.

And why wouldn't you go back? It's not like the first year of a new console's lifespan suddenly renders the previous gen completely and instantly redundant - worthwhile new games will still be coming out for another year or two yet while the software catalogue on new hardware improves. And it's not like a great game isn't a great game any more because superior hardware exists (although I'd personally contest Skyrim being a great game, because I'm a contrary ass like that ;)), so if you want to play it again just do it. If you want a fresh coat of paint, there's always the PC version anyway.

Herself is currently busy with Bioshock from the xbox sale this week having never played it , when it booted up I was aghast at how ugly it looks now but fast forward a few hours and I see why it was good in the 1st place and it's taking all the will I can muster not to keep asking her
    would you kindly
    and potentially ruin it, she's sharp on the uptake usually so im sure shes guessed already and isn't saying!!!!! but to the point at hand , old and ugly does not = bad and a bad or even a great game is not inproved simply by making the visuals better. OP if there are great gems you missed on the 360 go play them, time and a fresh coat of paint won't improve them.

GrayFox208 wrote: »
    buy it on PS3 it'll be cheaper.

Sold my PS3 to help fund purchase of PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

And why wouldn't you go back? It's not like the first year of a new console's lifespan suddenly renders the previous gen completely and instantly redundant

It used to, i dont remember ps3 making the exact same games being released on the ps2, maybe a few but not ALL games.
    GrayFox208 wrote: »
    why the hell are so many people so obsessed with ports of old games to PS4.... ITS A WASTE OF DEVELOPMENT TIME

They don't care and will hate you for pointing it out ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

nix wrote: »
    It used to, i dont remember ps3 making the exact same games being released on the ps2, maybe a few but not ALL games.

The crossover was there for sure - not quite as much as this generation, but definitely many titles especially over the first year or two were cross-gen - Gun, King Kong, Rock Band, Tomb Raider Legend are some off the top of my head. Heck, there was even a FIFA game released for PS2 last year! With this gen crossover, I think it's safe to say there will be a massive drop off in support after this Christmas, and most big titles will be PS4 and One only. This excepts the handful of previous gen only releases still likely to slip through e.g. Persona 5 (part 4, incidentally, only arrived a while after the PS3 was released, as did God of War 2).

Game budgets are much bigger this time around, so we're seeing a lot of games that have been a long time in development - like Destiny - releasing across generations, probably for financial reasons above all given the huge install base of PS3 and 360. But again this is temporary, and many titles have already been announced that won't be releasing across the formats.

• Advertisement

The crossover was there for sure - not quite as much as this generation, but definitely many titles especially over the first year were cross-gen - Gun, King Kong, Rock Band are some off the top of my head. Heck, there was even a FIFA game released for PS2 last year! With this gen crossover, I think it's safe to say there will be a massive drop off in support after this Christmas, and most big titles will be PS4 and One only. This excepts the handful of previous gen only releases still likely to slip through e.g. Persona 5 (part 4, incidentally, only arrived a while after the PS3 was released, as did God of War 2).

Assassins Creed Unity is the 1st major release that I can think of off the top of my head to be ps4/one only though they have a 360/ps3 title "comet" due also I think, still though props to Ubi for making the leap with a major franchise.

They don't care and will hate you for pointing it out ;)

ALL games? I wasnt aware every single PS3 game was getting a remake on PS4?

I thought it was just a handful?

As for the second part of your post,people have different opinions. I dont mind a few remakes of the games that i missed previously

EoinHef wrote: »
    ALL games? I wasnt aware every single PS3 game was getting a remake on PS4?

I thought it was just a handful?

As for the second part of your post,people have different opinions. I dont mind a few remakes of the games that i missed previously

Talking about upcoming/recent titles, keep up

Talking about upcoming/recent titles, keep up

Actually your right,the first part of your post was related to the above. My mistake,sorry.

Its the second part of your post i was getting at,ie resistance to games be ported from last gen to this one.

Im not against this as there is just a dearth of games atm on both systems(ps/xbox),in a year or so remakes/ports wont be so common hopefully.

Atm though,ill take any game that peeks my interest even remakes

Idm people wanting to play catch up/old games, however id like to see them just buy the consoles they are on and play them so devs would focus on creating new games. (Or get a PC fit for gaming, cheap these days and most games worthy of note on ps/xbox are on PC)

Or just make the new consoles backwards compatible, however I've been told this is impossible for the current consoles, but Nintendo are able to so mehhh, i dont buy it..

Its just a ott money making scheme whatever way i look at it :(

I my case its not so much that i want to go back and play older games,its just that for me there is so little to play on PS4 that i welcome any good game weather it be a remake/port or new ip.

I agree about the cross generation,would be nice to see games made that take full advantage of the new systems fully.

Thank god for PC,PS4 alone would have been nowhere near enough for me gaming wise the last year. I probably would have bought games on it i wouldnt really want just to have something to play on it.

As it is The Last of Us will be the first game ive bought since BF4 for the PS4 and i got the PS4 2 weeks after release.

First World/early adoption problems i know but still disappointing none the less

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

A lot of the latter games in this generation were busting at the seams on hardware that was designed in 2004/2005. GTA V, RDR, The Last of Us.

All other gens were considerably shorter by about 2-3 years

Next gen allows these games to loosen their belts and go skinny dipping.

WAHEEEYYY! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭crazydom

I don't think this will happen, although the architecture is much closer to PC x86 with the ps4 so anything is possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭carti2k

Too many remastered games. Tomb Raider, TLoU, GTA V... I don't say that's bad but I think firstly we should get new games and later remastered. Skyrim would be great for PS4, but not now - in future - YES :)

carti2k wrote: »
    Too many remastered games. Tomb Raider, TLoU, GTA V... I don't say that's bad but I think firstly we should get new games and later remastered. Skyrim would be great for PS4, but not now - in future - YES :)

Why... Give me a reason why..

Rules: you can't say better frame rate and resolution and or graphics

• Advertisement
Advertisement