Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

St pats help

• 19-07-2014 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hoping to go to pats in september and was looking for advice off present students?? Also do you pay fees upfront for pats or can you wait for susi to pay? Help please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

November15 wrote: »
    Hoping to go to pats in september and was looking for advice off present students?? Also do you pay fees upfront for pats or can you wait for susi to pay? Help please

What advice in particular are you looking for? I don't attend Pats but being more specific might encourage some other posters to reply.

Regarding fees, if you've applied for a grant and been accepted then you do not pay any fees up front (this applies to all colleges). All you pay is the student levy whenever Pat's requests it (around the time of registration - they'll let you know don't worry).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53 ✭✭PashaMasha

November15 wrote: »

I'm in Pat's going into 2nd year and my advise would be to go for on campus despite what other people may say, most craic and handy for 9am starts. Wouldn't be so sure about the fees as I'm not eligible for a grant but from what I remember there is a set date to pay at the start of the college year, you can pay one half of the fees in the first semester then the other half at the start of the 2nd semester. If you have any other q's lemme know

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭sinead18

PashaMasha wrote: »
    I'm in Pat's going into 2nd year and my advise would be to go for on campus despite what other people may say, most craic and handy for 9am starts. Wouldn't be so sure about the fees as I'm not eligible for a grant but from what I remember there is a set date to pay at the start of the college year, you can pay one half of the fees in the first semester then the other half at the start of the 2nd semester. If you have any other q's lemme know

Hi I'm hoping for an offer from st pats tomorrow, just wondering with regard to the campus I really want/need to stay on campus! They don't start taking applications until midday tomorrow, how long will it take before you know if you've got campus or not? Should I start looking for other accommodation? Thanks 😊

sinead18 wrote: »
    Hi I'm hoping for an offer from st pats tomorrow, just wondering with regard to the campus I really want/need to stay on campus! They don't start taking applications until midday tomorrow, how long will it take before you know if you've got campus or not? Should I start looking for other accommodation? Thanks 😊

From what I remember you should find out a day or two after the applications open, pretty soon afterwards anyways. I got put on the waiting list last year and I found it difficult enough to find accommodation so on campus is your best bet. Be sure to be at the computer for 12 noon, the say on the website that it's a "draw" implying that it is random selection, but I wouldn't bet on that and I'd say it's probably a first come first serve basis, so try to be one of the first people to apply to give yourself every chance of getting on campus. I left it a half hour late last year and I'm guessing that was why I was thrown on to the waiting list so don't make the same mistake I did :D

If you're unlucky and don't get on campus the digs list for this year is on stpatssu.com/index.php/accommodation/ . Houses on the list are probably already booked so I'd say start ringing around asap just so you have backup if you don't get on campus. Make sure you look at the addresses also on google maps as some of the digs can be a fair distance from the college and would cause more hassle. (Maybe look around Homefarm Road, Drumcondra Upper rd as they're very close to the college.) You'll also see that they're are self catering digs also, they would obviously be cheaper but that means you'd have to prepare your own food, but at least you can eat what you want to eat whenever you want :P

Ask away if you want to know anything else!

From what I remember you should find out a day or two after the applications open, pretty soon afterwards anyways. I got put on the waiting list last year and I found it difficult enough to find accommodation so on campus is your best bet. Be sure to be at the computer for 12 noon, the say on the website that it's a "draw" implying that it is random selection, but I wouldn't bet on that and I'd say it's probably a first come first serve basis, so try to be one of the first people to apply to give yourself every chance of getting on campus. I left it a half hour late last year and I'm guessing that was why I was thrown on to the waiting list so don't make the same mistake I did :D

If you're unlucky and don't get on campus the digs list for this year is on stpatssu.com/index.php/accommodation/ . Houses on the list are probably already booked so I'd say start ringing around asap just so you have backup if you don't get on campus. Make sure you look at the addresses also on google maps as some of the digs can be a fair distance from the college and would cause more hassle. (Maybe look around Homefarm Road, Drumcondra Upper rd as they're very close to the college.) You'll also see that they're are self catering digs also, they would obviously be cheaper but that means you'd have to prepare your own food, but at least you can eat what you want to eat whenever you want :P

Ask away if you want to know anything else!

Thank you that has calmed my nerves a lot haha I really hope to get campus as I've been told it's the best for first years! One more quick question, the entrance scholarships in the college are they awarded by a certain amount if points similar to NUIM? Thanks again 😊

• Advertisement

Thank you that has calmed my nerves a lot haha I really hope to get campus as I've been told it's the best for first years! One more quick question, the entrance scholarships in the college are they awarded by a certain amount if points similar to NUIM? Thanks again 😊

Yeah exactly, if there was anything that would've made first year better it would have been getting on campus, I hope that you get it.

Nwo for the scholarships I don't think that there is any in Pats. I know that in Maynooth it's something like 535 but in Pats I'm pretty sure even if you got 625 points you'd still have the same fees as everyone else. I suppose it's the fact that Maynooth would have a much larger pool of courses and way more students. I could be wrong but I've never heard of anyone in my year getting a scholarship because of the points they got.

Yeah exactly, if there was anything that would've made first year better it would have been getting on campus, I hope that you get it.

Nwo for the scholarships I don't think that there is any in Pats. I know that in Maynooth it's something like 535 but in Pats I'm pretty sure even if you got 625 points you'd still have the same fees as everyone else. I suppose it's the fact that Maynooth would have a much larger pool of courses and way more students. I could be wrong but I've never heard of anyone in my year getting a scholarship because of the points they got.

Ok thanks for all your help!! :):)
    I looked it up I think it was only launched last year they're called "Inaugral/entrance scholarships"
    If anyone knows of any details regarding these can they please lt me know would really appreciate it! 😊

Ok thanks for all your help!! :):)
    I looked it up I think it was only launched last year they're called "Inaugral/entrance scholarships"
    If anyone knows of any details regarding these can they please lt me know would really appreciate it! 😊

Oh yeah you're right after googling it there :P I'd reckon you'd need somewhere round the 560+ to get that if they're only 28 scholarships like last year.

Oh yeah you're right after googling it there :P I'd reckon you'd need somewhere round the 560+ to get that if they're only 28 scholarships like last year.

Yeah that's what I thought! Haha thanks 😊

Advertisement