Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot of the press Weatherspoons and Swords

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

You could phone the lead planner: they're very helpful on the phone.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

It's definitely opening, says coming soon on the Werherspoons website... I typed fingal co co yesterday in my dozy Monday state!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Well they've fenced off the carpark and skips on site, so somethings moving at last

Nothing much going on but have seen that planning app f14a/0458 has been approved but f14a/0459 is still pending

f14a/0458
    Application Reference: F14A/0458
    Decision of Fingal County Council: GRANT PERMISSION
    Decision Date: 25-Feb-2015
    Extension of time to (if applicable):

If a decision has been made, then listed below are the conditions and reasons attached with the decision of Fingal County Council. The category of decision made, determines what is displayed under the type column:

Conditions are associated with grants
    Reasons are given for refusals
    Directives are items requested under Additional Information
    Informatives are items requested under clarification of Additional Information
    Notes are reasons for invalidating a planning application

In some cases, a combination of conditions, reasons, directives and informatives are used with regard to split decisions i.e. grant permission and refuse permission.

N.B. In the event of an appeal, any decision by An Bord Pleanala will supercede the above, the details of which (from 2002 onwards) can be found by following the path to the website under the Appeal tab.

Type Description
    Condition The development shall be carried out in its entirety in accordance with the plans, particulars and specifications lodged with the application and additional information received on 30th January 2015, save as may be required by the other conditions attached hereto. REASON: To ensure that the development shall be in accordance with the permission, and that effective control be maintained.

Condition This permission relates solely to that detailed in the statutory public notices and does not refer to any other aspects of the development that may be shown in the lodged plans. REASON: In the interest of the clarity.

Condition The following engineering requirements of the Water Services Planning Section shall be complied with in full with regard to surface water drainage: a) No surface water/ rainwater shall discharge into the foul sewer system under any circumstances. b) The surface water drainage shall be in compliance with the ‘Greater Dublin Regional Code of Practice for Drainage Works Version 6.0’ FCC April 2006. REASON: In order to comply with the Sanitary Services Acts.

Condition The following requirements shall be met in full by the developer: a) All discharge from food preparation areas within the kitchen shall be through a suitable grease interceptor. b) Where the developer proposes to connect to a public water/ wastewater network operated by Irish Water, the developer shall sign a connection agreement with Irish Water prior to the commencement of the development and adhere to the standards and conditions set out in that agreement. c) In the interest of Public Health and Environmental Sustainability, Irish Water Infrastructure capacity requirements and proposed connections to the Water and Waste Water Infrastructure will be subject to the constraints of the Irish Water Capital Investment Programme. REASON: In the interests of public health and in order to ensure adequate drainage provision.

Condition The following engineering requirements of the Transportation Planning Section shall be met in full: a) Prior to the commencement of development, the developer shall submit a revised site layout plan that shows that the design of the vehicular access ensures that there is sufficient inter-visibility between passing pedestrians and exiting vehicles. b) Stages 2 and 3 of the Road Safety Audit shall be conducted and the recommendations, in particular those relating to the interactions between the proposed access and the existing traffic signals shall be implemented to the satisfaction of the Planning Authority at the developer’s expense. c) The car parking spaces shall be managed and allocated to different uses on site to the satisfaction of the Planning Authority. REASON: In the interest of traffic and pedestrian safety.

Condition The developer shall ascertain and comply in full with the requirements of the Environmental Health Officer. REASON: In the interest of public health.

Condition The developer shall comply in full with the following in addition to the submitted plans, inventory and the report prepared by Brock McClure: a) From the images within the submitted Inventory and in Drawing PL-18 the grate still exists for the fireplace in the proposed office and this shall be retained but there is no grate or mantel to the fireplace in the proposed staff room. The detail for this shall be agreed in writing with the Planning Authority following consultation with the Conservation Officer prior to the commencement of development. b) Two further fixing points are proposed on either gate pier to accommodate signage but this is not satisfactory. The developer shall consult with the Conservation Officer on site prior to the commissioning of any signage in order to address this issue of putting further drill holes in the piers. c) The entrance door to the public house shall be revised such that the glazing bars and subdivision of panes be omitted and that only one solid large pane of glass be provided in each door. d) The original walls to the historic building shall be kept to a rendered/ plaster finish and that the openings through shall have a square head finish similar to the existing window heads. If a brick finish is desired by the applicant within the re-development, there is no objection to it being placed on the walls of the modern extension. Details shall be submitted for the written agreement of the Planning Authority prior to the commencement of development. REASON: In order to preserve the integrity and character of the protected structure.

Condition That the hours of opening of the public house shall not be outside the hours of 7 am (7.00 hours) in the morning, and 2.00 am (2.00 hours) at night, Thursday to Saturday inclusive, (otherwise closing at 12 midnight, 00.00 hours). Any changes to these times shall be the subject of a new planning application. REASON: In the interest of residential and town centre amenity.

Condition No other advertising sign(s) or structure(s) shall be erected without the prior approval of the Planning Authority or An Bord Pleanála on appeal. REASON: In the interest of the proper planning and sustainable development of the area.

Condition That all necessary measures be taken by the contractor including wheel wash facilities, to prevent the spillage or deposit of clay, rubble or other debris on adjoining roads during the course of the works. REASON: To protect the amenities of the area.

Condition That all public services to the proposed development, including electrical, telephone cables and associated equipment be located underground throughout the entire site. REASON: In the interest of amenity. Note 1: The applicant is advised that under the provisions of Section 34(13) of the Planning and Development Act 2000 a person shall not be entitled solely by REASON of a permission to carry out any development.

Condition The level of illumination to be reviewed at any time by the Transportation Department and adjustments to be made by the applicant if requested by Fingal County Council. REASON: To comply with the requirements of the Transportation Department.

Roll on a decision on 014A/0459 maybe we'll get a new venue in Swords in time to celebrate the Easter Rising Centenary!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

I thought i read somewhere that they were opening 21st July? I could very well be dreaming :P

Tilly wrote: »
    I thought i read somewhere that they were opening 21st July? I could very well be dreaming :P

Not seen anything about dates myself, if you find where you read it please link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Not seen anything about dates myself, if you find where you read it please link
    I just googled it there but cant find anything. I may be going mad.... :o

Edit: http://www.independent.ie/regionals/fingalindependent/news/date-set-for-opening-of-swords-pub-31088351.html

Woohoo only semi mad :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 331 ✭✭roverrules

Come on July 21st :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Article in the today's Irish Times concurs with signage now up on the Old Boro that they open on 21st July.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/agribusiness-and-food/jd-wetherspoon-to-open-three-new-bars-in-ireland-1.2219295

Genealogy Forum Mod

Will be an interesting race to the opening day :)
    Phase 2 of EMPIRE

Building work is well under way for Phase 2 of EMPIRE. We will be opening in mid July. We will keep you up to date on progress on our facebook page, so keep an eye out.

We are taking bookings for downstairs at EMPIRE so give us call today to discuss. 01 8138328

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

So the Spooens (think Spoons in a thick Dub accent) is opening tomorrow

All evening, I've been entertaining the OH asking if we will be going to "de spooens"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

So went in to Old Borough last night for one. Got a krombacher German Pils & it only cost €2.95. My friend had a Kopparberg cider and it cost €3.95.

They were advertising their Curry special. A curry with pilau rice & Naan bread & an alcohol drink for €10.50 or with a non alcoholic drink for €8.50.

They've done a nice job of he interior also. I always found the Old Borough very dark but they've really brightened the place up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

We're going to give this a go tomorrow afternoon.What's the story with this though: Drinks in Weatherspoons Blanch €1 dearer - my sister was in the Old Boro the other day and said Staropramen was a euro dearer than Blackrock; I thought they had a uniform model and if anything I would have expected prices to be the other way around :confused:

Advertisement