Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSA & BTEA

Options
  • 19-07-2014 3:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone can help me with this

I'm currently on JSA, have been since early Feb. I've applied and gotten on to a plc course here in Cork, and have applied for the BTEA. At the moment I'm living somewhere temporary, and my boyfriend and I have to be out by the end of August because of incoming students. We can't start looking for somewhere for the next year until around August, I think houses / apartments can't be kept on hold over a certain time (not too sure of this though), so I'll have to move back home for a week or so while I'm in between places.

Problem is, I'll be going back to Clare. I don't see the point in moving my payment to there, I'll be getting feck all anyways, will have to give them documents regarding parent's income, and I'll (hopefully) be getting the BTEA so soon after.

I'm wondering if I were to cancel my claim a week before I leave to Clare, would it effect me getting BTEA? I hope to hear back from them soon. I was in a couple of days ago re. delayed payment and it was due to me putting my Clare address on my application form for BTEA, they thought I had moved home. Reason I put that address down is because I didn't want to chance it being sent to where I am now, and have the possibility of missing it in case it was late August. It's sorted now, so hopefully it won't be long. I just wonder if I cancel my JSA will they think I don't need the BTEA either, and then cancel that?

Thanks !
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 archeryjock

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone can help me with this

I'm currently on JSA, have been since early Feb. I've applied and gotten on to a plc course here in Cork, and have applied for the BTEA. At the moment I'm living somewhere temporary, and my boyfriend and I have to be out by the end of August because of incoming students. We can't start looking for somewhere for the next year until around August, I think houses / apartments can't be kept on hold over a certain time (not too sure of this though), so I'll have to move back home for a week or so while I'm in between places.

Problem is, I'll be going back to Clare. I don't see the point in moving my payment to there, I'll be getting feck all anyways, will have to give them documents regarding parent's income, and I'll (hopefully) be getting the BTEA so soon after.

I'm wondering if I were to cancel my claim a week before I leave to Clare, would it effect me getting BTEA? I hope to hear back from them soon. I was in a couple of days ago re. delayed payment and it was due to me putting my Clare address on my application form for BTEA, they thought I had moved home. Reason I put that address down is because I didn't want to chance it being sent to where I am now, and have the possibility of missing it in case it was late August. It's sorted now, so hopefully it won't be long. I just wonder if I cancel my JSA will they think I don't need the BTEA either, and then cancel that?

Thanks !

You have to be getting a payment directly before your course . SSo if you sign off you won't get beta as you are not getting a sw payment

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

There really is no reason at all to cancel your claim. Chances are you'd have to reapply for the BTEA if you do that. Talk to someone in the office and see if a solution can be reached, if not transfer your claim when you change address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭CaoimheCweeva

There really is no reason at all to cancel your claim. Chances are you'd have to reapply for the BTEA if you do that. Talk to someone in the office and see if a solution can be reached, if not transfer your claim when you change address.

But like I said, I'll be in Clare for a couple of weeks, and I don't see the point in moving it there, as I'll have to give them proof of parents' income etc (like I said above), and there's no point really in doing that for about 2 payments. Of course I'll be giving them my new address in Cork when I move in, but even then BTEA is put into your bank account, if you choose, like I did. It's just a matter of what to do in the period between places.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

But like I said, I'll be in Clare for a couple of weeks, and I don't see the point in moving it there, as I'll have to give them proof of parents' income etc (like I said above), and there's no point really in doing that for about 2 payments. Of course I'll be giving them my new address in Cork when I move in, but even then BTEA is put into your bank account, if you choose, like I did. It's just a matter of what to do in the period between places.

I think doing all that will be a lot easier in the long run though, rather than having to go through a whole re-application process...Like I say though go into the office and see if they can offer any other solutions.

I think doing all that will be a lot easier in the long run though, rather than having to go through a whole re-application process...Like I say though go into the office and see if they can offer any other solutions.

For me it isn't really, as I rarely am in Clare and my mother hasn't worked in years to have those kind of documents, and then for them to give me a form for her to fill out and give it back to them..to then have to change it all again / cancel it in two weeks' time is a lot of hassle and a pain in the ass.
    Thank you, I'll talk to them on Tuesday, I just wanted to see if there was officially something else I could do :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Rorster_123

Can you not just apply for 2 weeks holidays if you have not taken them already this year?

Can you not just apply for 2 weeks holidays if you have not taken them already this year?

Yeah I only remembered that yesterday. I've already taken a couple of days, not sure how many, I think two .. I'm going to talk to them tomorrow anyways and see if there's something else I can do, and if there isn't then I'm going to take the rest of my holiday days :)

Advertisement