Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

High ROF

• 19-07-2014 4:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

Hi guys. Anyone has 13:1 gears with 11.1 lipo?
    Just ordered the parts and wondering if this not going to blow my gearbox apart. Also got an mosfet and low resistant wires.
    I have an m4 rifle with v2 gearbox.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭mack1984

Make sure you have corrected your AOE and its shimmed properly otherwise you could run into some problems. A new motor couldnt hurt either

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭_marciano_

mack1984 wrote: »
    Make sure you have corrected your AOE and its shimmed properly otherwise you could run into some problems. A new motor couldnt hurt either

Whatd AOE?

I know.

Is anyone here who's using this setup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭matty1994

_marciano_ wrote: »
    Whatd AOE?

I know.

Is anyone here who's using this setup?

Ill be running that setup soon, i highly suggest a steel tooth piston also to prevent stripping and deffinatly get the aoe(angle of engagement) done

matty1994 wrote: »
    Ill be running that setup soon, i highly suggest a steel tooth piston also to prevent stripping and deffinatly get the aoe(angle of engagement) done

Me too. Already bought 13:1 gears polycarbonate piston with full metal tooth, mosfet with active brake and 11.1 lipo.
    So project in progress. Need few more things and will start putting it together.

So if aoe will be done and gearbox will be shimmed this setup will last for long?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

If properly shimmed and aoe is done it should last no bother. If you have a full plastic piston I would leave that in for a while in case something does go wrong. You want the piston to strip rather than the gears to break

Advertisement