Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Visa debit card

Options
  • 19-07-2014 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,520 ✭✭✭✭

Visa debit card is working fine in atm but wont work anywhere else. Anyone find this before

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭SBarrett

I'll tell you once I've found out what my pin is. Ulster Bank have sent me out 2 letters with my pin on it and both times, when I peeled back the tab, all of the piece of paper came off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 .stranger

whelan2 wrote: »
    Visa debit card is working fine in atm but wont work anywhere else. Anyone find this before

I had similar problem... They claimed the chip was faulty or something... A replacement card resolved the issue. Get on the phone and order one.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,520 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

.stranger wrote: »
    I had similar problem... They claimed the chip was faulty or something... A replacement card resolved the issue. Get on the phone and order one.
    i went to bank yesterday, they said if they order a new one it automatically cancels the one i have, the one i have will work in atm, i have a wedding this weekend so i can not order a new one til next week, will take 7 working days for new card

• Registered Users Posts: 49 .stranger

i went to bank yesterday, they said if they order a new one it automatically cancels the one i have, the one i have will work in atm, i have a wedding this weekend so i can not order a new one til next week, will take 7 working days for new card

Thats odd, as my continued working for 28 days after a replacement issued. They might have changed something.... Sorry for not being helpful :)

got a letter today from rbs that my card has been suspended due to irregular activity on 19/7, how coe the bank didnt know this and why did it take so long to tell me:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

got a letter today from rbs that my card has been suspended due to irregular activity on 19/7, how coe the bank didnt know this and why did it take so long to tell me:confused:

Poor systems most likely.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

JTMan wrote: »
    Poor systems most likely.

wrong phone number in the system.

With Ulster Bank, if you have any irregular activity on your card like, e.g. suddenly buying stuff online, they automatically suspend it, and you can resolve it by using an atm usually.

Happened to me, eventually discovered they sent a text to my old number as they hadn't updated their records.

Stheno wrote: »
    wrong phone number in the system.

With Ulster Bank, if you have any irregular activity on your card like, e.g. suddenly buying stuff online, they automatically suspend it, and you can resolve it by using an atm usually.

Happened to me, eventually discovered they sent a text to my old number as they hadn't updated their records.
    yes i could use atm , i went to bank twice and they didnt know why card wouldnt work elsewhere??? I cancelled card yesterday and that letter arrived today

Advertisement