Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Searching in windows 8

• 19-07-2014 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Is it just me or is the Search facility in Windows 8 slower than older versions, seems to take ages searching for docs in my PC sometimes.

Another annoying thing I found since getting a new PC with windows, so not sure if this a Win thing or not is when typing in text boxes it doesn't seem to automatically remember all my keystrokes so if there is any delay and I am typing too fast, its not entered correctly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭LithiumKid1976

from what i see, windows 8 search was rubbish.
    Im using windows 8.1 and its fine.

windows.microsoft.com/en-ie/windows-8/update-from-windows-8-tutorial

i think 8.1 is a free update to windows 8... see link above, could be worth doing the update..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

bobbygrant wrote: »
    Is it just me or is the Search facility in Windows 8 slower than older versions, seems to take ages searching for docs in my PC sometimes.

Another annoying thing I found since getting a new PC with windows, so not sure if this a Win thing or not is when typing in text boxes it doesn't seem to automatically remember all my keystrokes so if there is any delay and I am typing too fast, its not entered correctly.

I've found it to be comparable to Win 7, myself. And to a certain extent it depends on your disk drive(s).

I disabled disk indexing on Vista because I found it caused a massive performance hit on any non-SSD systems, and Desktop Search in XP was a similar waste of time IME.

Advertisement