Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great British Bake Off

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

InTheTrees wrote: »
    They need to do two series a year. One series a year isnt enough...

:(

The should do a mini-Christmas series, The Great British Christmas Bake Off anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Loughc wrote: »
    The should do a mini-Christmas series, The Great British Christmas Bake Off anyone?

That is an absolutely brilliant idea.
    We need to suggest it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Only just caught up on this last night as I have been watching a week behind this year. It was so good! I am delighted for Nancy, she was cool, calm and consistent throughout the series and that stood to her in the final. The lads were both great but some of their bakes could be hit and miss. Sad that it's over now, where will I get my cake fix now? I will have to start baking myself, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Will they be airing a few episodes of bake off Masterclass - where Paul and Mary show how to make some of the recipes?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Will they be airing a few episodes of bake off Masterclass - where Paul and Mary show how to make some of the recipes?
    I think it's on Thursday and Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I think it's on Thursday and Friday.

The first two were on last week and on Sunday they had a Class of 2013 episode. Episodes 3 & 4 are on tonight and tomorrow but only in Scotland it seems. Very weird schedule they have.

Just checked the Sky TV Guide. BBC2 tomorrow at 8 and Friday at 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

JohnK wrote: »
    The first two were on last week and on Sunday they had a Class of 2013 episode. Episodes 3 & 4 are on tonight and tomorrow but only in Scotland it seems. Very weird schedule they have.

Oh no I missed the two masterclasses last week. I seen the show on sunday, it was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Just bumping to remind people that the Christmas Masterclass of the Great British Bake Off is airing this week, Tuesday 16th, at 8pm on BBC2.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

JohnK wrote: »
    Just bumping to remind people that the Christmas Masterclass of the Great British Bake Off is airing this week, Tuesday 16th, at 8pm on BBC2.

Thanks for the reminder, I'd seen the preview clip and thought to set the box to record, but I've done it now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

The Great British Bake Off for Comic Relief begins on 11 February.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-31103953

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

The Great British Bake Off for Comic Relief begins on 11 February.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-31103953

Some great characters in the line-up - I got very excited when I saw David Mitchell's name! Looking forward to this.

The one with Jennifer Saunders etc in it could be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Michael Sheen looks like Tommy Tiernan in the pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Anyone around for this tonight??..

It has the makings of a classic.......:)

I'm feeling a bit of a Master-baker as I watch this........ :)

And I'm pure awful at baking...........

Loving the contestant's...:)

The glasses on Dame Edna's cake were fabulous! Beats my piping skills hands down!
    Joanna is generally fabulous

I think I'm like the pied piper when I don the piping gear dee.....lol!

I'm all swirls and it's looks like a "bad weather forecast" by the time I've finished!!

Haha I thought Lulu was going to be little miss perfect all the way through... not so much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Well feck it anyway, I missed the first 15mins, I don't have control of the TV so I have it recording.:(:(:(

• Advertisement

I hate anyone using a metal spoon on a non-stick.......

I'm a bit of a saddo.... :(

cofy wrote: »
    Well feck it anyway, I missed the first 15mins, I don't have control of the TV so I have it recording.:(:(:(

You're here in spirit cofy! :) xxx

That's a mortal sin in fairness, takes me right back to my Home Ec teacher days...

dee_mc wrote: »
    That's a mortal sin in fairness, takes me right back to my Home Ec teacher days...

I deeply regret the day I decided to do Science at the age of 12........:mad:

Dame Edna will end up with butter, wait for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Euwww sound like there will be a lot of non-stick material scraped off into whatever they are stirring.:eek:

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh.........

Poor cakes............

'Gingham altar' makes me smile every time :)

I'm starving for a little tart.............. :(

• Advertisement

How is it that the girls hair-do's look tossed unlike mine which would be called a bed-head??

***bad karma***

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement