Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great British Bake Off

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Mini pork pies yumm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Michael is so lovely :)
    So is David :)
    Who is Sarah?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

dee_mc wrote: »
    Michael is so lovely :)
    So is David :)
    Who is Sarah?

wife of former British PM Gordon Brown

David Mitchell off Peep Show, Mitchell & Webb ( none of which I get) but he pops up on a lot of panel shows, QI etc. married to Victoria Coren, poker player & thinking mans crumpet presenter of brain box quiz Only Connect

David Mitchell off Peep Show, Mitchell & Webb ( none of which I get) but he pops up on a lot of panel shows, QI etc. married to Victoria Coren, poker player & thinking mans crumpet presenter of brain box quiz Only Connect

I'm a big fan of his, particularly on Would I Lie to You, he's a bloody genius!

• Advertisement

Jesus, 1st time I saw Chris Moyles with the weigh off!

Anyone else watching tonight? The guy who isn't Chris Moyles' traybake sounds delicious, the others seem somewhat hopeless!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

Mary: "it's quite an acquired taste" :)

Alexa's brownies must have been epic the next day!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The brownies looked amazing. I'm definitely putting salted caramel in mine next time.

• Advertisement

The brownies looked amazing. I'm definitely putting salted caramel in mine next time.

There's a recipe for salted caramel brownies on the front of Good Food or one of those magazines this month, spotted it in Tesco today.
    I have a nice recipe for caramel brownies if you want it, I presume you could just peg in a bit of Maldon salt flakes to the Dulce de Leche yea?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Evening all. Interesting so far. Alexa Chung's first effort seemed to potentially be a disaster but turned out alright. And the second effort was nto too bad either. I guessed Victoria Wood to come out on top.

We'll see...

dee_mc wrote: »
    There's a recipe for salted caramel brownies on the front of Good Food or one of those magazines this month, spotted it in Tesco today.
    I have a nice recipe for caramel brownies if you want it, I presume you could just peg in a bit of Maldon salt flakes to the Dulce de Leche yea?
    Thanks! I'll try adding caramel to my own brownie recipe but if (when) that's a disaster I might take you up on that offer. :)

Thanks! I'll try adding caramel to my own brownie recipe but if (when) that's a disaster I might take you up on that offer. :)

I look forward to the report! Try adding it in 2 layers like Alexa did but it's easier to make it even if you drop the caramel in blobs, leave them intact, then swirl the lot slightly with a skewer once you have both layers done... damn it I really want salty caramelly brownies now!

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Bobsammy

I got to meet Mary today! I went to her book signing in O'Connell Street and was delighted to meet her. I brought along a very old copy of her Ultimate Cake Book and bought her newest book while I was there. She signed them both for me, was very friendly and told me to enjoy the cakes!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I'm so jealous. I live mary so much that I'm not allowed to mention her name at home
    I tried making lemon fairy cakes yesterday but they didn't rise :(

Mary will be interviewed on the Sean Moncrieff show today

Ah no was looking forward to the final tonight, not on til Friday's Comic Relief show

Ah no was looking forward to the final tonight, not on til Friday's Comic Relief show

Cheers, you saved me googling it! I was looking forward to my Maz Bez fix all day, sometimes life just isn't fair :(
    :pac:

It'll be a record of the 3 hour Comic Relief and fast forward to the Bake Off bits

• Advertisement

Can't wait for the final. Can't be bothered with the whole comic relief though so I'll record it and try and find bake off in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Is there a final? I thought they just picked a winner each week.

yes on Friday evening Comic Relief show

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Cheers.

Can't seem to find what time the final is on but there's and after show at 10 on BBC2 if people are interested

I could be wrong, but I thought there wouldn't be a final, just the Extra Slice show where they crown one of them the overall winner.

Oh right, would explain why I can't find it! The Jo Brand show should be good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

'Coming soon' ads have started on BBC 😀

Just saw the advert that says coming soon. Does anybody know the exact date, I don't watch a lot of normal TV and I'm afraid I'll miss it

• Advertisement

It's been aired in August the past few years anyway!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement