Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

longchamps bag

• 19-07-2014 4:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has a Longchamps Le Pliage bag. What do you think of it? Would you recommend?

I have a cheap eBay fake complete with wonky zipper. Love the style and useful for me. I met a friend last week who works as a teacher in new york, she had a genuine one. Which is streets ahead of my fake. She has used it for 2 yrs as her work bag and it is just starting to wear at the corners now.

I have a "significant" birthday in a couple of weeks and was going to get one for myself. I know its not a huge investment but I want something nice that will last.

would love some feedback... what colour do you have? I like the navy... where did you buy?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

I have a few of them. Picked up most on holidays in France but Arnotts carry them as well. They're reasonably priced, classic and very practical.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭saythatagain

I have the black one, love it! Got it years ago on Oxford Street in London. Mine is starting to show wear now, at the corners. It has nice long straps, folds up and can be wiped clear. Highly recommend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭emg74

Thanks for the feedback.. I think I will go for it. Is there much of a colour selection in Arnotts ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Cannot find a price online...grrr

Anyone know how much these (nylon) are in Arnotts?

amdublin wrote: »
    Cannot find a price online...grrr

Anyone know how much these (nylon) are in Arnotts?

Finally bought the bag this week. Bought a taupe colour, thought it is a good neutral. €78 for the medium. The smaller size was €68

• Advertisement

Ooh lovely! think I will go navy - taupe would get too dirty for me,
    Navy neutral as well. They have lovely bright colours but very fashiony I think.

How small is small and how big is medium?

I want to use it in conjunction with my roll on luggage for travelling. So like a big handbag I guess.
    What would be best, the small or medium???

Going to go into Arnotts today to check them out...

Took a trip into Arnotts today. It is the medium at €78 that I need.

I chickened out of buying it. It is a lot of money for nylon...and leather straps. But it is just such a classic design.

My mam said she'll buy it for me as a bday present. But even still just don't know if can justify that amount of money on it...

emg74 what do you use yours for?!

amdublin wrote: »
    Took a trip into Arnotts today. It is the medium at €78 that I need.

I chickened out of buying it. It is a lot of money for nylon...and leather straps. But it is just such a classic design.

My mam said she'll buy it for me as a bday present. But even still just don't know if can justify that amount of money on it...

emg74 what do you use yours for?!

I only took it out properly this morning. Am planning on using it for work. Have changed jobs recently so my new workplace is very casual. All men, I am the only female so handbags don't come under their radar... I intend using it for just bringing all the bits in, phone, wallet, lunch, gloves, bottle of water etc. It will hold all of that and more. I know it is probably expensive for what it is but I like the look. And got it with some money I got for my 40th...

emg74 wrote: »
    I only took it out properly this morning. Am planning on using it for work. Have changed jobs recently so my new workplace is very casual. All men, I am the only female so handbags don't come under their radar... I intend using it for just bringing all the bits in, phone, wallet, lunch, gloves, bottle of water etc. It will hold all of that and more. I know it is probably expensive for what it is but I like the look. And got it with some money I got for my 40th...

Sounds perfect.

Well wear and enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I have a brown hand carry one and a purple cross body. I'd love an orange handcarry but haven't seen one. I can't carry leather bags because they're too heavy so longchamp are perfect for me.

Advertisement