Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting PS4 Games

• 19-07-2014 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭

Can you rent PS4 games anymore?

Just rang Xtra Vision and they are not renting out games anymore.

I'm out of the console game about ten years so looking for some helpful advice. When I was a young man I used rent out PS2 games for a week for a tenner and take it from there - can this be done anymore?

Based in Cork!

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Can you rent PS4 games anymore?

Just rang Xtra Vision and they are not renting out games anymore.

I'm out of the console game about ten years so looking for some helpful advice. When I was a young man I used rent out PS2 games for a week for a tenner and take it from there - can this be done anymore?

Based in Cork!

Cheers!

Best bet is to buy the game online from amazon or someone of adverts then trade in the game for cex for cash with in a few weeks max your going to lose is like 15 euros but well you would have spent that on renting the game. Paid 54 cash from amazon for watch dogs got 42 cash back for it 6 weeks later so if you would have rented it for 6 weeks you would have paid for the game and a loss of 12 euros is like 2 pints of bear ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

Best bet is to buy the game online from amazon or someone of adverts then trade in the game for cex for cash with in a few weeks max your going to lose is like 15 euros but well you would have spent that on renting the game. Paid 54 cash from amazon for watch dogs got 42 cash back for it 6 weeks later so if you would have rented it for 6 weeks you would have paid for the game and a loss of 12 euros is like 2 pints of bear ?

Yeah I only have two games so far and I am not thrilled with them - FIFA has been grand but a bit boring on my own. Tomb Raider is a bit repetitive.

A bit reluctant to buy any more games before playing them. Would like to check out a basketball game maybe or rugby/tennis if they ever come out!

Yeah I only have two games so far and I am not thrilled with them - FIFA has been grand but a bit boring on my own. Tomb Raider is a bit repetitive.

A bit reluctant to buy any more games before playing them. Would like to check out a basketball game maybe or rugby/tennis if they ever come out!

Play Fifa online it will fix all your problems with the game with Ulte team and seasons. Fifa is great online as thats how everyone plays it now.

Tomb radier is maybe one of the greatest games of last gen its basically a female version of uncharted and the remaster was great of the game. I don't know anything about it being repetitive its a 3rd person action game if you don't like this you must not like action games ?

NBA 2K14 might be your best bet.

As i said before if you would rent a game it would have costed you 10 euros for the week and think about it if you like the game and you wonted to buy it. it would have costed you a extra 10 euros.

But by doing it the way i said it will cost you basically 10 euros every 2 weeks as thats what i have been doing with all my PS4 games as i basically have lost very little money on them.

I had need for speed traded it in and done a swap for Fifa 14 in CEX as i got 55 Euros for need for speed at that time.

Tomb raider i got back 40 euros in gamestop with it and i paid 42 for it.

Watch dogs i lost 12 euros on. You basically with games need to be smart and keep a eye out for trading deals and buying online as you can save a lot of money in the long run.

Play Fifa online it will fix all your problems with the game with Ulte team and seasons. Fifa is great online as thats how everyone plays it now.

Tomb radier is maybe one of the greatest games of last gen its basically a female version of uncharted and the remaster was great of the game. I don't know anything about it being repetitive its a 3rd person action game if you don't like this you must not like action games ?

NBA 2K14 might be your best bet.

As i said before if you would rent a game it would have costed you 10 euros for the week and think about it if you like the game and you wonted to buy it. it would have costed you a extra 10 euros.

But by doing it the way i said it will cost you basically 10 euros every 2 weeks as thats what i have been doing with all my PS4 games as i basically have lost very little money on them.

I had need for speed traded it in and done a swap for Fifa 14 in CEX as i got 55 Euros for need for speed at that time.

Tomb raider i got back 40 euros in gamestop with it and i paid 42 for it.

Watch dogs i lost 12 euros on. You basically with games need to be smart and keep a eye out for trading deals and buying online as you can save a lot of money in the long run.

So if I get online thingy for the year I can plan FIFA in season mode like I used to back in the PS2 days?? I am just back in the console market after ten years - tis all changed :)

I loved the original Tomb Raider - I am just finding tis more of the same really. I did read an article where they said if you bought original Tomb Raider on PS2 then no need to buy this one - maybe that is the problem. I LOVE original game.

Maybe I just bought two games I have played plenty of before and I need something new! Yeah thinking about NBA or Madden maybe (not sure about NFL rules though)....I can't wait until they bring out rugby or tennis game!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

So if I get online thingy for the year I can plan FIFA in season mode like I used to back in the PS2 days?? I am just back in the console market after ten years - tis all

Ya you need to get PS+ asap. Worth far more than the €50 it costs. 2 free ps4 games each month as well as 2 ps3 & vita games too. Also FIFA is much more fun playing online against real people.

• Advertisement

So if I get online thingy for the year I can plan FIFA in season mode like I used to back in the PS2 days?? I am just back in the console market after ten years - tis all changed :)

I loved the original Tomb Raider - I am just finding tis more of the same really. I did read an article where they said if you bought original Tomb Raider on PS2 then no need to buy this one - maybe that is the problem. I LOVE original game.

Maybe I just bought two games I have played plenty of before and I need something new! Yeah thinking about NBA or Madden maybe (not sure about NFL rules though)....I can't wait until they bring out rugby or tennis game!

Season mode is now online mode in witch you play 10 games with any time you won't online and you have to win stay up and move to the next Lv and so on.

Get PSN+ its a must if you don't have it no point having a PS4 with out it.

I find that the new Tomb raider is notting like the old one at all. Its a complete reboot that copies ass creed and uncharted gameplay and mixes them into one and i find the new one to be a lot better then the old school ones back on the PS1. PS2 tomb raiders where the worst ones so no one ever says it like a great game like the Tomb Raider reboot.

NBA 2K14 will take a long while to get used to as i had 2K13 and i never got used to it after playing it countless times. It is a good game but wasn't for me.

There is one coming out for the PS4 in the next year for Rugby but i won't have any hope for it myself as there last rugby game they made was the world cup 11 for PS3 and it didn't get good reviews at all. HB Studios is the studio making the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Is there some issue where next gen games cannot be rented right now or something? As I was looking to rent Bf4 to see how it looks on PS4, but Xtravision was not doing renting of ps4 games.

Season mode is now online mode in witch you play 10 games with any time you won't online and you have to win stay up and move to the next Lv and so on.

Get PSN+ its a must if you don't have it no point having a PS4 with out it.

I find that the new Tomb raider is notting like the old one at all. Its a complete reboot that copies ass creed and uncharted gameplay and mixes them into one and i find the new one to be a lot better then the old school ones back on the PS1. PS2 tomb raiders where the worst ones so no one ever says it like a great game like the Tomb Raider reboot.

NBA 2K14 will take a long while to get used to as i had 2K13 and i never got used to it after playing it countless times. It is a good game but wasn't for me.

There is one coming out for the PS4 in the next year for Rugby but i won't have any hope for it myself as there last rugby game they made was the world cup 11 for PS3 and it didn't get good reviews at all. HB Studios is the studio making the game

Ok!!!!

Just to clarify - if I go online I can play regular season. Like I can play a season with Arsenal in the Premiership for example straight away like I used do back in the old days?

I am presuming NBA 2K 14 simply means the NBA game for this year...

Yeah I think I am going to just stump up for PSN+

marvsins wrote: »
    Ya you need to get PS+ asap. Worth far more than the €50 it costs. 2 free ps4 games each month as well as 2 ps3 & vita games too. Also FIFA is much more fun playing online against real people.

Fair enough - don't know what Vita games are but possibly buying old games from PS3 might be worth it - I presume they just download to my current PS4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Is there some issue where next gen games cannot be rented right now or something? As I was looking to rent Bf4 to see how it looks on PS4, but Xtravision was not doing renting of ps4 games.

Cost of the games vs risk of being stolen or broken is why Xtravision aren't renting them imo.

• Advertisement

Ok!!!!

Just to clarify - if I go online I can play regular season. Like I can play a season with Arsenal in the Premiership for example straight away like I used do back in the old days?

I am presuming NBA 2K 14 simply means the NBA game for this year...

Yeah I think I am going to just stump up for PSN+

No seasons is this Seasons mode allows players to progress through an online league system by being pitted against players of a similar skill. You can play Say Arsenal V PSG and so on you will only play times that have the same stars as you.

YEs there is 2 NBA games NBA live run a mile from that one. But get 2K14 yes the 14 means the year of course.

You will need PSN+ to play fifa online and NBA online anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

you need a ps3 to play those games but maybe try take the rose tinted glasses off regarding tomb raider, its not perfect but it was one of the better games of 2013...

maybe get wolfenstein on ps4 its one of the better recent fps and is getting cheaper and cheaper online. heck, i'll rent you my copy for a tenner!

So I joined up to PSN plus - however I've no friends who have a PS4.

Anyone want to add me?

Is there online tournaments I could on with FIFA?

Jesus I'm so confused :)

Also I see you can buy games online - does this mean there is no need to pop into Smyths to pick up your game anymore?

There are 6 free games - does that sound about right?!

Anyone based in Cork and want to call over to my gaff to give me a tutorial on the PS4?!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Lol add me psn: marvsins

I'll be on a bit later. I'll try help you along.

marvsins wrote: »
    Lol add me psn: marvsins

I'll be on a bit later. I'll try help you along.

Cheers!

Christ this whole thing is driving me
    mad - can't play a tournament like I used too, I have about 100 different options (what the flamming hell is ultimate team- my ultimate team is Kirklees Vila - I don't even know how that hapoened), can't seem to find option just to play World Cup, there are 7,000 people online yet I don't match up to one - they can't find me an opponent. RANT OVER.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

You can play a Career mode as a player or player manager which I would guess is what you mean like the old days, pre-online. Youtube has a lot of tutorials. The interface is a bit crazy if you've been out of the game for a while.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLXh_xrCAr8

I think the local tournament option is gone since online tookover, and the World Cup is whole other cash making game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

According to an email I just got, you can now rent PS4/XBO games from the xtravision machines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

cloud493 wrote: »
    According to an email I just got, you can now rent PS4/XBO games from the xtravision machines.

Any more info or links?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 simonjegan

Why no one else has thought of renting PS4 Games in Ireland when ppl are already doing it in the US and UK? Please share your thoughts and comments.

Cheers,
    Simon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement