Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car dealer/import Six Crossroads Business Park

Options
  • 19-07-2014 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

Hi,

There are two foreign chaps selling UK imported cars in a unit in the Six Crossroads Business Park. Do you know anyone that has purchased a car from them? If so has it worked out? Any horror stories?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

I have . not going to broadcast it but got a nice motor . hi spec at very good money .
    pm if u want more details and to ensurs same fellas

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

So what was dodgy about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Imported one myself 2 years agom saved a good 800€ than goin to an importer and got a high spec car for 1800 cheaper than the standard here. If u know your qay around a car i would go to the car supermarkets in england and get it yourself. Some great diesels to be got over there

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭royrogers

dzilla wrote: »
    Imported one myself 2 years agom saved a good 800€ than goin to an importer and got a high spec car for 1800 cheaper than the standard here. If u know your qay around a car i would go to the car supermarkets in england and get it yourself. Some great diesels to be got over there

Was thinking about going over for a look, did you enquire about a particular car before going over or just hit a garage randomly? Are these car supermarkets thrustworthy do you think?
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

royrogers wrote: »
    Was thinking about going over for a look, did you enquire about a particular car before going over or just hit a garage randomly? Are these car supermarkets thrustworthy do you think?
    Cheers.

Hi there. I knew the car i wanted... so i test drove it here in waterford while kicking a few tyres... couldnt get what i thought was a reasonable price on it so decided to go to england. There are a number of car supermarkets.. carshop.co.uk and cargiant.co.uk spring to mind. I think theybare trustworthy, they do an independant check on all cars they sell and they are on review sitea in the uk so they cannot afford to sell a bad car.

i put a deposit on the car i wanted as i saw it on their website and didnt want to lose out on it. But if you where going for a popular diesel like a astra/golf/focus/vectra/insignia they have loads of these popular cars in the car supermarkets so u could go over and kick a few tyres in the one shop and deciee which one / colour / engine you like... carshop.co.uk have a warehouse in cardiff very handy if from the south east... they also have one in doncaster which is a 2hr train from manchester airport ... so fly to manchester from waterdors- train to doncaster from airport and ferry overnight home from liverpool (better value than holyhead, u get food and a cabin also)

Once that is done... its just a case of goin to the nct center with all the documents inclusing the travel tickets for your ferry to prove you imported it.. u pay the vrt here.. google revenue vrt checker to find an avg rate..they give it a visual observation and voila u get your reg number and off down to deevys to get it printed. Ur vehicle reg cert is sent with 2 weeks from shannon i believe. : )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭royrogers

dzilla wrote: »
    Hi there. I knew the car i wanted... so i test drove it here in waterford while kicking a few tyres... couldnt get what i thought was a reasonable price on it so decided to go to england. There are a number of car supermarkets.. carshop.co.uk and cargiant.co.uk spring to mind. I think theybare trustworthy, they do an independant check on all cars they sell and they are on review sitea in the uk so they cannot afford to sell a bad car.

i put a deposit on the car i wanted as i saw it on their website and didnt want to lose out on it. But if you where going for a popular diesel like a astra/golf/focus/vectra/insignia they have loads of these popular cars in the car supermarkets so u could go over and kick a few tyres in the one shop and deciee which one / colour / engine you like... carshop.co.uk have a warehouse in cardiff very handy if from the south east... they also have one in doncaster which is a 2hr train from manchester airport ... so fly to manchester from waterdors- train to doncaster from airport and ferry overnight home from liverpool (better value than holyhead, u get food and a cabin also)

Once that is done... its just a case of goin to the nct center with all the documents inclusing the travel tickets for your ferry to prove you imported it.. u pay the vrt here.. google revenue vrt checker to find an avg rate..they give it a visual observation and voila u get your reg number and off down to deevys to get it printed. Ur vehicle reg cert is sent with 2 weeks from shannon i believe. : )

Cheers Dzilla

Advertisement