Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative to Paypal for facebook store

Options
  • 19-07-2014 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

HI. I currently run a store on facebook and charge people with paypal by sending them invoice requests. It works great but the monthly charges from paypal are huge. I need instant payment. Does anyone know of any alternatives that work in the same way? Or even of a link that l can put on my fb page. I do not have a website at the moment.
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Gem40 wrote: »
    HI. I currently run a store on facebook and charge people with paypal by sending them invoice requests. It works great but the monthly charges from paypal are huge. I need instant payment. Does anyone know of any alternatives that work in the same way? Or even of a link that l can put on my fb page. I do not have a website at the moment.
    thanks

Bank transfer? With SEPA it should be easy in the EU in theory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

Stripe! and take all credit and debit cards no brainer!! www.stripe.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

pedronomix wrote: »
    Stripe! and take all credit and debit cards no brainer!! www.stripe.ie

Fees are almost the same, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Hi

There is also sofort for European sales

https://www.sofort.com/eng-INT/buyer/sb/overview/

Regards

dbran

Yes if you are doing over €100,000 sales per month See https://www.paypal.com/ie/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-receiving-fees-outside

• Advertisement

pedronomix wrote: »
    Yes if you are doing over €100,000 sales per month See https://www.paypal.com/ie/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-receiving-fees-outside

Stripe fees are quoted without VAT though, bringing it up to ~29c + ~2.9%, or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CarlowGraphics

Most importantly - it is Irish business, set up by two young Irish brothers entrepreneurs.

Most importantly - it is Irish business, set up by two young Irish brothers entrepreneurs.

How many people are employed by Paypal in Ireland? ...and how many by Stripe..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Paypal is still the biggest brand name in payments and the trust it gives is worth the money it charges.

If you went the credit card route with someone lke realex you would be charged €30/month by realex + about 2% to 2.5% by the credit card company unless you had turnover in the hundreds of thousands.

at 10K per month you can get under 2% but you need a merchant account and a gateway(not expensive) The big issue faced by many PayPal sellers is the actual transaction value limits they impose. The bottom line is that if the fees are a decent number, you can save money

• Advertisement
Advertisement