Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions about Rogerstown Harbour

Options
  • 19-07-2014 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Just have a couple of questions I was wondering could anybody help with.

I was out walking along the very end of Channel Road, as it heads to the dump and railway bridge, and I could see in the mud/silt what appeared to be a long stone wall heading out into the estuary. I was wondering if anybody knew what is was built for?

Secondly, I noticed about 8 to 10 people out in the mud/silt on the Donabate side of the estuary and I was wondering if many people harvest/collect shellfish or other stuff out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

I wouldn't eat any shellfish from the estuary, There's a lot of badness leaching from the dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

bit off topic but is rogerstown harbour not part of the lambay estate? heard before that they owned the harbour and it was where they would trvel out from and have things sent out from. I know they use Malahide now.

Advertisement