Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clothes Recycling Bank?

Options
  • 19-07-2014 6:08pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a load of clothes from myself and the mrs, dont want to just throw them away, does anyone know the locations of any clothes banks?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Zascar wrote: »
    I have a load of clothes from myself and the mrs, dont want to just throw them away, does anyone know the locations of any clothes banks?

There's one in Stillorgan SC (the overflow car park)... Charity shops might be a better option to maximise charity benefit though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Yes, I assume they are decent quality, charity shop is the best option. The clothes banks are for 'recycling' which really means 'textile recycling' so the textiles can be made into something else, they are the bottom of the pile for clothes.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Ahh ok fair enough. Stillorgan would have been perfect but are there any charity shops around there or near?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Can't think of any, Dundrum or Dun Laoghaire should have a few though!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,444 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

At least once a month I get a bag from one of the genuine charities - Enable Ireland, Irish Cancer Society, Barnardos etc. It's simply a matter of waiting for the bag to come through the letterbox.

Otherwise, there is an app called 'Recyclemore' which will give you the location of your nearest recycling centre .....

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/recyclemore-search/id466701605?mt=8

Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=recycle.recPac&hl=en

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Perfect thanks I'll check that out!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

There's 3 or 4 Charity shops in Dún Laoghaire

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭cobham

Getting parked close to a charity shop can be a problem. But the Vincent de Paul one (Fred's Fashions) on the corner of Taney and Dundrum Road (under Luas Bridge) has a place on Taney where I often see people pull in to deliver and vans also. There are couple more on main street of Dundrum with onstreet parking and the old shopping centre carpark near.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

uch wrote: »
    There's 3 30 or 4 40 Charity shops in Dún Laoghaire

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

TK Maxx in Carrickmines? Easiest parking to deliver & going to a good cause, there's also a relatively new charity shop down from the luas crossroads in Dundrum (towards Milltown) that you can park outside, the V de P shop at the luas crossroads has parking too as already mentioned, and there are two shops on Dundrum main street

http://www.tkmaxx.ie/enableireland.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,444 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

TK Maxx in Carrickmines?

I often wondered where they got all those mixed racks of oddball clothes!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Never knew they did this, fair play
    TK Maxx in Carrickmines? Easiest parking to deliver & going to a good cause, there's also a relatively new charity shop down from the luas crossroads in Dundrum (towards Milltown) that you can park outside, the V de P shop at the luas crossroads has parking too as already mentioned, and there are two shops on Dundrum main street

http://www.tkmaxx.ie/enableireland.php

21/25

Advertisement