Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a solicitor in Dublin for property conveyancing

Options
  • 19-07-2014 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi. There was an old thread where killers1 was recommending a solicitor in tallaght who gave a fair deal on conveyancing. Could somebody pm me the contact details please. Or if there is another solicitor that is around tallaght that is good and doesn't heap extras on the bill id love to know. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 fluffymuffy

Hey, did you get any replies?
    I'm also looking for a decent solicitor for conveyancing, the fee's seem to be pretty astronomical.
    The cheapest so far was with a firm in Clondalkin.
    professional fees: 1000
    Land & mortgage registry: 775
    Oaths, family home registrations etc: 55
    Searches: 70
    VAT: 230
    Total: €2130

But some were quoting just the professional fee for €1800!!!

I can't find any of these mythical fixed price fees for €700 people are talking about.

Actually scratch that, a solicitor in Tallaght just rang me back.
    Their fees including all normal outlays stated above are €1879.
    So they're the cheapest by €250!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭BookBook

Did you phone or ring the solicitor in Tallaght by the way?

I have emailed the info@ address I had for them twice in the last few months (from my work email so less likely to get caught as spam) and never got a reply. I worry that if they don't reply to enquiry emails what would they be like with property sale emails.

I rang them.
    I was very close to going with the firm from Clondalkin because they got back to me so quickly. But considering the fees and the stamp duty and the land registry €250 is quite a lot of money!
    I have since had another recommendation for a solicitor in Tallaght who apparently is good value and does the job very well (I didn't go with them as I had already engaged the solicitor I mentioned before).
    It is very hard to know who to go with and the variation in prices is astonishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

Please take it from me and my bad experience the first time I bought. When you pay peanuts, you get monkeys. Certainly shop around, but I would not be choosing based on price alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭jackal

We used http://www.higginsoreilly.ie/ in a reasonably complicated conveyancing, including converting leasehold to freehold. Easy to deal with and a decent price, less than that quoted above, by a good few hundred. Based in lexlip but they have an office in town too.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Dortilolma

Our solicitor was fantastic! We bought a house in Dublin last September and I have to say she made the whole experience that bit less stressful. She also had great rates - better than many other quotes we'd gotten in. Feel free to PM me and I'll send you her details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Emmal14

Anybody found one of good value best estimate i have so far is €2300

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Comments via PM please.

Take them with a big grain of salt.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement