Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggest best way to organise networking cables in utility room

Options
  • 19-07-2014 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Whats the best way to organise network cables which are all wired back to a utility room.
    (about 20-25 cat6 outlets and 10 co-ax cables)

A comms rack is too big and expensive so I was thinking of a shallow wall mounted enclosure, up high on the wall and then adjustable shelving beneath this for various AV equipment (amp, receiver, router etc)

Any advice on the tidiest way of doing this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Hoagy

Have you seen these?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭touchdown77

No I hadn't, the 8u Connectix Slim Line Home Cabinet looks ideal. I cant mount this near the ceiling and have my equipment shelving below this.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭sparkfireman

please tell me its not for a house?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭touchdown77

Yes, its for a house.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Many homes are have network cabling and NAS nowadays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Do yourself a favour and spring the extra cash for a full depth 10U wall mounted cabinet, radionics stock lots and they are well worth the purchase.

You will be better off in the long run and it will keep everything neat and tidy.

Advertisement