Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic: Gamblers Ramblings

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Slattsy wrote: »
    Chips from thai place - get out!

Never get the chips from the pizza, thai, Indian or Chinese.

2 batter sausages and proper chips, ideally from Rios

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

Stoke equalised in the 95th minute to do me for about €200 :( and the hammers drop another 2 points deep into injury time yet again.i feel miserable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Quarter pounder with cheese, chips, batter sausage, curry sauce and a choc milkshake #fatbastard

Clareman wrote: »
    Never get the chips from the pizza, thai, Indian or Chinese.

2 batter sausages and proper chips, ideally from Rios

But it would be cold again you got it all the way back from brazil

Quarter pounder with cheese, chips, batter sausage, curry sauce and a choc milkshake #fatbastard

Finished off with a hand shandy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Keep the cheese and milk shake, I'll have the rest, I'm having a nice glass of red wine after having a stir fry, quiet content here,

No food in the gaff and the mrs has the car, tool lazy to go to the shops.
    Diet starts on Monday for the wedding.

lolz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

I'll see you and raise you, four quarterpounders with cheese and slaw, four lamb chops and a pint of coke #thegunswerestarving

Four quarter pounders?
    Bbq?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

curioser wrote: »
    You have to make sure you back something that gets up the hill - this guy might be a risk too far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuI23zCudKY

Cant promise anything! He was in a bad way :p:p

Four quarter pounders?
    Pics. Or **** off.

Yeah, four quarter pounders :cool:

I ain't becoming bulimic to prove what I ate, if you want a picture of my next ****e I will post it no problem.

On a going day I am a combustion engine:

Before golf one morning I had 4 Big Macs and 4 large fries and 3 hours later I had the mixed grill for lunch.
    Was on a stag do before I had the full Irish breakfast with toast, scrambled eggs and toast and a club sandwich with chips.

Four quarter pounders?
    Bbq?

The missus was away with her sister and I was left in charge of the wee man, pound of mince in the fridge and 4 bbq coated lamb chops. What is the point of opening a pack of mince and some lamb and putting it back.

My padwan had two waffles and two fish fingers, I did three waffles for him but he wasn't able so I had the third one.

Any joy at Aintree? Got a week ban for taking the piss out of someone in the tips thread so couldn't post.

Shemale wrote: »
    Any joy at Aintree? Got a week ban for taking the piss out of someone in the tips thread so couldn't post.

Not for me anyway, didn't notice anyone here with any luck in the main event, I'd say PP are sorry they paid out on 5th now considering where Shutthedoor finished :D

Hoping to get down the local tomorrow so any tips/fancies would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

Hoping to get down the local tomorrow so any tips/fancies would be greatly appreciated[/QUOTE]

Fairly ropey stuff tomorrow, so maybe just have a look at Paul Townend's four mounts for Rebecca Curtis at Ffos Las - he has a fair strike rate in and around Wales these days.

• Advertisement

Fairly ropey stuff tomorrow, so maybe just have a look at Paul Townend's four mounts for Rebecca Curtis at Ffos Las - he has a fair strike rate in and around Wales these days.

I know the square root of f**k all about horse racing but some of the regulars are mad into it and would bet on 2 bulls sh@gging, it helps there's a bookies right next door as well, it's very handy being able to say that I've a tip/fancy for a horse in a race, at least I can join the conversation then.

Barman eh... free pints eh?? Free grub eh ??? Slattsay?

I know the square root of f**k all about horse racing but some of the regulars are mad into it and would bet on 2 bulls sh@gging, it helps there's a bookies right next door as well, it's very handy being able to say that I've a tip/fancy for a horse in a race, at least I can join the conversation then.
    You could point out knowingly that both Red Devil Lads and Golden Milan won for the same partnership on the course on 26 March and that it's quite on the cards that at least one of them will go in again. And that their horses in the first and last races are probably worth a speculative punt.

You could point out knowingly that both Red Devil Lads and Golden Milan won for the same partnership on the course on 26 March and that it's quite on the cards that at least one of them will go in again. And that their horses in the first and last races are probably worth a speculative punt.

Good gawd no, I don't want to go down that route, if they thought I knew something about horses I could be in trouble, easier just to say "I got a tip off a guy"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Going out for a 1/2lb flame grilled burger with sweet potato fries and an enormous strawberry milkshake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Aftertiming

<snip>

Banks details too.

Oopsie, I didn't realise that that's a big no-no around here so I deleted the posts. No bank yet, I'm saving money in my account to buy a nice watch for myself so I'm just leaving the money in my PP account

I'm only kidding. No one really cares!
    It's easy to tell when folk are genuine anyway.

Shemale now.. Wouldn't believe a word from him. Or her. Or it. Or them.

?

I miss SRFC. It's not the same without him :(

I'm a very social gambler, cards would be more my thing, I back horses when I get tips or I might go to Galway for a day, I'm not sure of some of the terms or the pay out structures (forecasts and reverse forcasts confuse the bej@ysus out of me), my apologies for not following proper etiquette, I know how annoying that can be.

The aftertiming scum is just a forum joke

Our old friend SRFC wasn't a fan of aftertiming haha

Never got into the online poker. Do people money from it or is it all a scam?

A lot of the guys you see at the big tournaments like the WSOP will be online players and not live players. There's a show on youtube about a few American lads that try and make $2million between them in 2 months from online poker.

• Advertisement

Sorry lad but any idea of when the final racecard would be set for both of the Limerick meeting this week, Wednesday and the Thursday to be exact. Theres 23 declared for the first on Thursday according to this site but its flat racing and they hardly have 23 stalls in Limerick seeing as its round

http://www.irish-racing.com/cards/Limerick_Thu_16th_Apr_2015_2_15.html

Ireland is 24 hour declarations unless it's a group 1/early closer.
    Wednesday will be declared around lunchtime Tuesday, Thursday 's card around lunchtime Wednesday.

I was told many years ago by someone in the industry that about 5% of online poker accounts are profit making, the rest are losers. Not sure how true it is but sounds about right. The only guaranteed winner is the host with their guaranteed rake and advertising

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I made money from it during college. Used to play between 12-24 tables at once at small stakes, I was basically a robot after a while, knew every move I was going to make miliseconds after getting the cards. Got staked (buy ins paid for) by a guy for a while, basically I couldnt lose but had to give him half of my profits. Probably wasnt worth it in the end, heartbreaking to have to hand over half your winnings. It kept me in beer money at the time in college, but this was 4 years back when far more mugs were playing. Nowadays it seems that 90% of players are just multitable regulars like I was, all just taking and giving money to each other and losing out in the end thru the 5% rake. That stat about the 5% winning is true, but id say its even less nowadays. You'd have to be seriously skilled and have some ridiculously hitech software behind you. I doubt I could make money even at the small stakes nowadays, and if I could, it certainly wouldnt be enough to be worth my time.

Oopsie, I didn't realise that that's a big no-no around here so I deleted the posts. No bank yet, I'm saving money in my account to buy a nice watch for myself so I'm just leaving the money in my PP account

Handy being a mod, I notice you deleted the post where you call Slattsy a **** too. That post is fine, he is!

Handy being a mod, I notice you deleted the post where you call Slattsy a **** too. That post is fine, he is!

Mods only have mod powers in their own forums so I'm no different here, also, even though a post is deleted a mod can see them and take action. Anyway, I wouldn't call him that and delete it, I'd leave it up :D Poor b@st@rd is getting married soon so he has enough problems besides an internet warrior calling him names:p

I've got 99 problems but boards bitches ain't one!

I've got 99 problems but boards bitches ain't one!

Jealous boyfriend, mortgage arrears, leprosy, the clap, herpes, chlamydia, aids, narcicism, conjunctivitis from being blasted in the face, stupidity, poverty

What are the other 87?

Jealous boyfriend, mortgage arrears, leprosy, the clap, herpes, chlamydia, aids, narcicism, conjunctivitis from being blasted in the face, stupidity, poverty

What are the other 87?

Tbf....the cream he is using is clearing up his herpes

• Advertisement

That reminds me of an oldie.

What did the leper say to the prostitute? You can keep the tip

Why did the sperm cross the road?

I put on the wrong sock this morning

If anyone spots anything worth backing at limerick on Thursday the 16th let me know. Trying to make a few bob at the student race day :D

I don't think this is a fancy cause I don't know anything about horses, and I didn't receive it as an actual tip, just someone in work mentioned they were backing it today, Katie T in the 16:30 in Limerick, very short odds at 11/10.

Glorious evening for a few pints. Indoors.

Drinking the best stout in Dublin here. Mother's milk.

Glorious evening for a few pints. Indoors.

Drinking the best stout in Dublin here. Mother's milk.

Pints would be lovely now, but I've a work do tomorrow night and a 4 o'clock on Saturday so I can't complain

I may be wrong but isnt there a place where you can see what money the tote took in at a race meeting? Just curious what it took in yesterday @ limerick

• Advertisement

I may be wrong but isnt there a place where you can see what money the tote took in at a race meeting? Just curious what it took in yesterday @ limerick
    The figures are usually published at the end of the results sequence in the Irish Independent - yesterday's Limerick figure was €135,642.

The figures are usually published at the end of the results sequence in the Irish Independent - yesterday's Limerick figure was €135,642.

Any chance of a link? Cant seem to find it myself

Any chance of a link? Cant seem to find it myself
    Can't locate a link I'm afraid - I got the figure from the hard copy

Can't locate a link I'm afraid - I got the figure from the hard copy

Just found it on Irishracing.com :)

Was in the most wankery restaurant of my life yesterday, but my god the grub was stunning.
    Had a rake o pints afterwards :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement