Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic: Gamblers Ramblings

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Can someone explain this to me. I had 2 €5 EW bets today which I also combines as an €5 EW Double, the first horse won at 11/2 and I got €43.12, the other placed at 13/2 and I got €11.50, my double only returned €24.15, how is that calculated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

Clareman wrote: »
    Can someone explain this to me. I had 2 €5 EW bets today which I also combines as an €5 EW Double, the first horse won at 11/2 and I got €43.12, the other placed at 13/2 and I got €11.50, my double only returned €24.15, how is that calculated?

because only one horse won in your e/w double,you only get the e/w part of it. look at it as two bets, a win double and an ew double,only one of the bets came up....the e/w part

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

because only one horse won in your e/w double,you only get the e/w part of it. look at it as two bets, a win double and an ew double,only one of the bets came up....the e/w part

That makes sense, I thought I would have multipled the first by the second bets, thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

Slattsy wrote: »
    Was in the most wankery restaurant of my life yesterday, but my god the grub was stunning.
    Had a rake o pints afterwards :)

Wankery restaurant.......what kind is that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

auldgranny wrote: »

Rather posh and pretentious.
    I fit right in!

auldgranny wrote: »

Rather posh and pretentious.
    I fit right in!

I've just done a very very very stupid spur of the moment thing and put pretty much my whole bank roll on Annie Oakley in the 4.55, I think I'll go have a lie down

I've just done a very very very stupid spur of the moment thing and put pretty much my whole bank roll on Annie Oakley in the 4.55, I think I'll go have a lie down

Win or e\w?

Win or e\w?

Each way, not that it made a difference :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

2 months then home for holidays. Countdown on.

• Advertisement

Watchable tomorrow. Reckon he has a chance in the 2nd at headquarters. Dead eight go to post.

7/2.

Who has a good pulledppork recipe. I bought myself a slow cooker!

Leaving the dream lads.

This is a handy site for receipes for slow cookers, I tried some of them and then realised there's more to life
    http://www.food.com/topic/crock-pot-slow-cooker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Leaving the dream lads.

I left the dream too when I moved to this cold Bàstard of a country.

By the way, anyone know the best sign up bonus for an online account? I've managed to clear out my PP account and figure it might be an opportunity to avail for some bonuses

Leaving the dream lads.

GAY!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, anyone know the best sign up bonus for an online account? I've managed to clear out my PP account and figure it might be an opportunity to avail for some bonuses

Have a look here
    http://bestodds.uk.com/freebets.htm?gclid=CjwKEAjw65GqBRCj3fLFwK2SpWoSJABa3E3cteQ1yMD35bNE4cYjnjR2LFODnwXS0cRK4USa-04wChoC0Yzw_wcB

Pulled pork baps. Delicious. I'm a genius in the kitchen.

Off to Nevin Maguires tomorrow. Don't think it'll be better than today's dinner ha

I over indulged again. Im an awful man for wine and pints.

• Advertisement

I over indulged on Saturday evening, had to spend the day at a 2 year olds birthday party, it was hell

I dont think i could do hangover with kids, i might actually stop drinking.

I dont think i could do hangover with kids, i might actually stop drinking.

You just don't to be honest, drinking becomes an event, the night itself doesn't matter, it's the next day. I used to love pints after work on a Friday but because Mrs. Clareman works on a Saturday I haven't had them in years, just not worth it.

I just saw claret cloak won at kempton. That was a long time coming.

Messi eh lads, glorious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Messi eh lads, glorious.

Reminds me of me!!

He is a world apart, he made Boateng and Neuer look like lads in the Phoenix Park for the second goal.

• Advertisement

Had stag number 2 this weekend.

I'm actually looking forward to not getting out as much once I'm married. Still drink like I'm 21 but jaysis it takes a lot out of me now.

Whats a good horse racing tune?

What is it? Cant see as im in work.

(working)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

The only ones I know of are by Mark Boylan. Very average.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

What is it? Cant see as im in work.

(working)

Its a video of my lovely horse

racso1975 wrote: »
    Its a video of my lovely horse

Ha ha love it!

How about the them for Only Fools and Horses, or The Gambler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭DiamondDave88

Lone ranger theme tune!

The theme music from black beauty is class
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8u5NgC4lZ8s

How come some races placed pays 1/4 of the odds and others is just 1/5??

handicaps with 11 or more runners pay 1/4 of the odds. non handicaps...group races,listed,maidens etc pay only 1/5.sometiimes at the big festivals some bookies pay a 1/4 for non handicaps

Tomorrow is a good example of a race with quirks in the concessions/ terms granted by bookmakers. The clipper at York is a group 2, some firms 3 places 1/5th the odds, others 3 places 1/4 the odds, paddy power and bet Fred doing 4 places, pp 1/5th, bet fred the best at 1/4 4 places but check the individual odds offered as your not going to sacrifice on price for an extra place.

So what's everyone at this evening? Personally I have the child in bed and I've a bottle of wine opened and am going to demolish a packet of tuc with a load of cheese.

I am going for a Mexican later with the mrs. I have a mouldy head on me afer being dragged kicking and screaming (!) to a nightclub after downing a lot of beer. Its the first time ive been in one for about 12 yrs & it felt a little weird.

• Advertisement

What cheese?

Made chilli con carne and supping wine. Have galaxy bars and doritos. Wedding diet? lol

Galaxy bars, cooled in the fridge, with a cup of tae. Food of the gods. I might just have to pick one up later.

They're in the fridge !!

Damn it, thats it! I just have to get a Galaxy bar now. And not one of the small ones. I'm talking the 1000 Calorie family size.

Gruyere is the cheese, Merlot is the wine :)

I've got a 4 pack :)

Gruyere is the cheese, Merlot is the wine :)

Cheese - good
    Wine - not so good

Cheese - good
    Wine - not so good

I had it left over from Thursday night when I made a spag bol.

So its 3 day old Merlot - jaysis

• Advertisement

Screw cap and all.

I think I'll finish it off and have a couple of beers, I have some Tiger in the fridge

Advertisement