Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic: Gamblers Ramblings

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

In the past few months I've ran up quite the nice bankroll on a couple of online sites only to blow it with stupid big bets on "sure things", cause of that I've decided to go shop only, f**king pain in the hole to be honest, online is so much handier but it is nice to be handed across money.

Saying that, I did have quite the argument when a cashier wouldn't pay the price on the docket even though I took the price of the board next to the counter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

If you get a win online cash it out asap.

I do that every time. And if I want to have another bet on another race I'll deposit my few quid again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Slattsy wrote: »
    If you get a win online cash it out asap.

I do that every time. And if I want to have another bet on another race I'll deposit my few quid again.

Credit card charges for the cash advance for bookies and I don't like having lots of bookie transactions on my current account, I'm not looking to move house any time soon and don't think I'll need a loan any time soon but credit rating companies reflect extremely negatively on bookie transactions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

I spent €89 a pre pay phone for my wife who was on O2, she got a new Three sim and the sim would not work in the phone. After two hours I established with customer care that my only recourse to being sold a phone that only worked on Three(inspite of ads saying O2 is part of Three) was to return the phone by courier at my expense and she refused to network unlock the phone saying it would take two weeks and it would be quicker to return the phone.

I returned the phone by courier on the 23rd April and heard nothing, I contacted Three about the refund on 4th May and had endless calls and emails with one of your offshore team who could not resolve the issue, as a result I cancelled my direct debit and advised I would not pay my bill until I got my refund. I also noticed I was billed €20 when I bought my own phone, when I previously was with Three I was billed an amount which Three then reversed, this was not the case. It transpires the guy with crap English thought I would need an extra sim card with €20 credit even though I had just bought a bill pay phone, I was on the phone to this muppet for 40 minutes "verifying" my online order which I had placed myself, knowing all my details and he takes it upon himself to order something I did not order online without my authorisation.

In the interim even though I told the guy who was "dealing" with my complaint that I had stopped my direct debit until I received my refunds, 20 days into my complaint nothing was resolved and my phone was disconnected. Finally on the 19th June (2 months later) I got a refund for €89 for the phone and I was told I had ordered the €20 sim card, even though I never ordered or activated and used it, he would not send me transcripts of the phonecall with the muppet and told me I could request them for €6.50 to prove I am right to get €13.50 net back.

Even though they breached financial regulations (which I am going to report) they held on to a consumers refund for more that 14 days, this guy in Bangladesh (or wherever) seems to think Consumer Protections don't apply, they still have not refunded the €20 I never authorised them to debit, they held a credit on an old account for 6 months which was never sent to me, they then have to neck to apply a charge of €3.72 for not paying by direct debit. My intial complaint also included a serious drop in coverage when O2 came over, it worked ok for a bit, I told the guy I was on to on the 8th June I was still not getting 4G or close to it most of the time, surprise, surprise, no response.

I have also taken a case to the Financial Services Ombudsman for a friend who was mis-sold phone insurance by them. I was on to Comreg about the above and will be on to Central Bank tomorrow.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

I replied in the other thread...forget about comreg, central bank etc etc. the Single European Payments Area (or SEPA) is your solution

If they took the payment by direct debit in the last 3 months, then go to your bank, or online, fill in a SEPA direct debit refund form and the bank will credit the money back to your account, no questions asked. The important thing is to do it within 12 weeks of the time the direct debit hits your account as the rules that came in under SEPA last year are time sensitive for refunds. SEPA applies to all direct debits. Once the cash is credited back to your account, then you'll be in a better position to negotiate with your Bangladeshi friend. Gl with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

R. I. P.. Kauto, thanks for all the wonderful and memorable races.

Watched him win two gold cups at cheltenham, my two favourite days at the track.

Just after unpacking my new canton dm 50,cant wait to set it up to my tv and watch a few decent movies, bargain of the century!

Just after unpacking my new canton dm 50,cant wait to set it up to my tv and watch a few decent movies, bargain of the century!

Nice, I got a sound bar a few months back but it's too big to go under the "normal" TV so it's in the "good" room, the only time I can use it is when the child isn't in bed cause her room is right over it and it's a little bit loud

Clareman wrote: »
    Nice, I got a sound bar a few months back but it's too big to go under the "normal" TV so it's in the "good" room, the only time I can use it is when the child isn't in bed cause her room is right over it and it's a little bit loud

This one is flat ,only about 3 inches high,the TV sits on top of it.the sound is unbelievable even at normal/low levels.I got it for €320 delivered from the mother website in Germany.its over $720 on amazon before delivery.it says it needs to be used for about 15 hours to break it in,I only have it on the go about 2 hours and I am mighty impressed.

• Advertisement

This one is flat ,only about 3 inches high,the TV sits on top of it.the sound is unbelievable even at normal/low levels.I got it for €320 delivered from the mother website in Germany.its over $720 on amazon before delivery.it says it needs to be used for about 15 hours to break it in,I only have it on the go about 2 hours and I am mighty impressed.

The TV is mounted in a corner so the problem is with width rather than height

The TV is mounted in a corner so the problem is with width rather than height

Ah I see,the Canton is about 26 inches wide.

It's not about size lads, it's the motion in the ocean.

So I've heard.

It's not the size of the nail, it's the hammer that's driving it.

You back to reality yet Slattsy?

Back on Saturday.
    In Positano at the moment. Clinging on to these last few days!

Just went to the gym for a quick workout. That woke me up. Fry cooking. Coffee brewing. Money down in Bellewstown. Its along coming along nicely thank you very much.

Im depressed.

Im depressed.

Your married.... Go figure

Watching birdman.... Heap of crap!! How the hell did it win at the oscars!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

Helllooooooooo Boys. Did ya miss me ;)

Where were you!

Im depressed.

Welcome back Slattsy, trust the holiday went well.

What's with the depression. It's summer time!

BumperD wrote: »
    Where were you!

Just didn't do Boards for a while. My laptop was out of action and I wouldn't go on Boards in work

It's been rather quiet around here, you didn't miss a lot.

It's been rather quiet around here, you didn't miss a lot.

Not exactly buzzing then, no?

Why are you in on a sat night?

It's afternoon where I am. Heading out later for sushi. Check the fancies thread , had a good day:pac:

It's afternoon where I am. Heading out later for sushi. Check the fancies thread , had a good day:pac:

OOOOOOOh really. Must look.
    Haven't been gambling hardly at all myself lately.

Bumper got a new wing on his gaff!

• Advertisement

Might add to it tomorrow :pac:

I never knew so many people followed the forum yet didn't post :pac:

A lot of lurkers alright.

In Dublin city centre at the moment, well near Coppers, now where to get a decen coffee.

A lot of lurkers alright.

In Dublin city centre at the moment, well near Coppers, now where to get a decen coffee.

Joe's in Arnotts best coffee in Dublin. You're probably sorted by now.

Joe's in Arnotts best coffee in Dublin. You're probably sorted by now.

Yeah, on the way home now passing the Curragh now so have to have a bet later.

I've been in Joe's before, very very nice, they use 3fe I think

Yeah, on the way home now passing the Curragh now so have to have a bet later.

I've been in Joe's before, very very nice, they use 3fe I think

They certainly do not !!

3fe is the over-rated, wouldnt be in top 5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Always in the shadows... Watching you all.

Always in the shadows... Watching you all.

Many of those lads pm'ing you nudes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Many of those lads pm'ing you nudes?

Posted in the Ladies Lounge in the hope of getting loads but I got banned :(

They certainly do not !!

3fe is the over-rated, wouldnt be in top 5

When they launched first they were very very very good, I would go as far as to say the best in the country, but as with a lot of things they weren't able to keep the standard up or others passed them out.

Personally, I'm ok with most pod coffees, I've my own Aero Press and I can put up with Topaz coffee, their new Re.Store shops with Barista's in them have some very good coffee in there.

They've a couple of backhanders going with various sites/foodies ie LovinDublin who seems to promote a lot for them.
    Its grand like, but not worth the hype or the price.

• Advertisement

They've a couple of backhanders going with various sites/foodies ie LovinDublin who seems to promote a lot for them.
    Its grand like, but not worth the hype or the price.

A lot of coffee snobs know nothing about coffee and don't want to make their won decision on anything so just go with the herd. Most of the sheep will only drink their skinny lattes anyway

I like my coffee strong and black.

Just how i like my men.

I like my coffee strong and black.

Just how i like my men.

I must watch that movie again, it has been too long since I watched it.

I must watch that movie again, it has been too long since I watched it.

What you talking about?

What you talking about?

Shirley you can't be serious????

shirley.jpg

slkocmsilq7pk6e4yybi.jpg

Right, scotch time :)

Right, scotch time :)

Scotch meh, nice Jameson is what you want, no ice or water, maybe a tiny drop of water if it's an oldish bottle.

If you do like a nice whiskey I'd recommend getting a set of whiskey stones

I don't like my whiskey any other way than straight. With possible 2 small drops of water that I let fall off my finger tips.

Not a huge fan of Jameson. Grand for mixers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement