Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic: Gamblers Ramblings

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

And got myself 2 AI final tickets! BOOM

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Slattsy wrote: »
    Just back from football myself, feeling like a good looking Neymar after my own 5 a side performance ;)

Broken back????

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

What happened?

Very bad leg break for Luke Shaw

Clareman wrote: »
    Broken back????

In bits, sick of it!
    Very bad leg break for Luke Shaw

He's rubbish anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Something tells me England will have a great World Cup and we will have a very disappointing one.

BumperD wrote: »
    Something tells me England will have a great World Cup and we will have a very disappointing one.

I've €50 on Ireland to beat New Zealand in the quarter final, 14/1 I got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

On the rugby, has anyone taken up PP offer of top Try scorer for €25 bet and you get €2.50 back everytime they score a Try in the tournament...gonna try it out, but dunno which New Zealand player to go for - any suggestions & why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

Sooner that stupid rugby is over the better!

I'd probably go for either Ben Smith (Full Back) or Julian Savea (Winger), New Zealand speedsters usually get a lot of points when other teams are struggling or with turn over ball. An outside bet for the gig could be Willie le Roux from South Africa.

To be hoenst, with the complete mis-matches in the pool stages I reckon this is a nightmare of a market to pick a winner in.

• Advertisement

Ah rugby. Not a sport, more a social occasion.

Very easy to wind those rugby lads up in the pub, especially the Leinster fans. Simply ask them to name 1-15, sit back, watch them stutter, and enjoy. Absolute clowns.

Ah rugby. Not a sport, more a social occasion.

Very easy to wind those rugby lads up in the pub, especially the Leinster fans. Simply ask them to name 1-15, sit back, watch them stutter, and enjoy. Absolute clowns.

If you want to wind up an armchair rugby supporter ask them what they think of the new ruck rule, listen to them go on about this or that and just retort with "I didn't think there were rules in rugby that there were laws"

I've got in a few rows with these rugger lads down through the years, clueless.
    As i say, its only a social occasion here in Dublin, im sure its a different story with the Munster lads et all, but here, they're all clueless bandwagoners.

I've got in a few rows with these rugger lads down through the years, clueless.
    As i say, its only a social occasion here in Dublin, im sure its a different story with the Munster lads et all, but here, they're all clueless bandwagoners.

If someone is in their mid/late 30s or over, it's a social thing, especially around the provinces, up until the late 90s the provinces were only a representation thing that didn't really matter, the club scene were far more important, there'd be far more at a Shannon/Munsters game than there would be at a Munster/Leinster match, used to be funny before Munster matches in Thomond when the announcer used to say "And as a reminder to the Munsters fans, Munster wear red"

Personally I can't wait for the RWC, I think Ireland have a great chance, in fact I've €50 on them to beat New Zealand in the quarter final at 14/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Was in the beergarden in Bruxelles some d4 prat probably 11 stone 5ft10 with a few nice looking girls was throwing shoulders trying to get attention, he barged one of the girls with me twice and no word out of him. I (15 stone 6ft) swapped places with her, he tried bump me and got no change so he just tried again except harder again no change.

I turned around and said are you ok there PAL, he said I am trying to get by. I said trying is right, normal people say excuse me and turned back around. He then had to tip me on the shoulder and ask to get out I said more like it apologise to my friend who you barged twice and I will let you out. He apologised and went puce and I let him by.

He stopped for a chat about the match and then asked if I played rugby said I did 15 years ago for a couple of years.

He then told me he played for Marys and proceeded to tell me how great they are. I said what position he said second row, I said you do in your hole you are 7 inches too short and 6 stone too light. I am the best in the pack at rucking and scrimmaging, I said Marys have gone to **** so seeing as you were blindsiding a centre that hasnt played in 15 years and you couldnt move me, is it not Marys Womens you play for is it as you gained two yards in two tackles against my friend.

Poor fella was very upset leaving, too easy :D

He's probably one of the ghuys who think shag rugby is the same as the real thing. I played back row in division 3 AIL for a bit and wouldn't even consider going in second row in a local game cause I'd be too small (6"2,16 stone)

• Advertisement

That's a great story.

giphy.gif

:D

Here Slattsy
    200w.gif

Here Slattsy
    200w.gif

Not yours :P

Not yours :P

Still a good gif , here winding the little one watching X-2, who says men can multi-task

Whats X2?

• Advertisement

Whats X2?

Second X-men movie, only about half an hour to go in it, there's nothing else on

Kids shouldnt be watching that, too violent, you're a terrible Fadjer.

Kids shouldnt be watching that, too violent, you're a terrible Fadjer.

9 days old, won't do her any harm

Ah, congrats !!

Ah, congrats !!

Thanks, she's asleep in her cot now, stuck watching old Top Gear now, think I'll have a beer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Congrats Clareman...

Whats X2?

It's true what they say you are retarded. :eek:

You need to go over your two times tables again.

Congrats man, hope she is sleeping and her and mammy are well.

Shemale wrote: »
    Congrats man, hope she is sleeping and her and mammy are well.

The Mammy is indeed well :pac:

Thanks folks, she's great, looks for a bottle every 3 hours or so, she's asleep here again, I'm watching The Bastard Executioner, think I'll have another coffee.

Mother is flying it as well, women are amazing really

• Advertisement

Thanks folks, she's great, looks for a bottle every 3 hours or so, she's asleep here again, I'm watching The Bastard Executioner, think I'll have another coffee.

Is the bastard executioner worth watching? Any good?

I look for a bottle every 3 hours too!

Monday booked off work - going on the beer after work and wont be sober until Monday. Early house sorted for Sunday morning :D

Monday booked off work - going on the beer after work and wont be sober until Monday. Early house sorted for Sunday morning :D

Doesnt take much, does it Slatts. 20 330ml bottles of Radler between 5pm today and work Monday, at least you will be able to drive all weekend with no fear of getting done for drink driving. :D

Shemale wrote: »
    Doesnt take much, does it Slatts. 20 330ml bottles of Radler between 5pm today and work Monday, at least you will be able to drive all weekend with no fear of getting done for drink driving. :D

:(

:cool:

:pac:

Is the bastard executioner worth watching? Any good?

Very slow so far, they all have stupid accents as well.

I'm heading out to wet the head tonight, I'll be in a sorrow state tomorrow, hoping to get out for a few pints for the football on Sunday as well.

I'll have a pint for her too :)

I'll have a pint for her too :)

You're a good man behind it all

Behind what??? :(

• Advertisement

Behind what??? :(

It all, ffs man you haven't even started to drink and your eyes are failing

Very slow so far, they all have stupid accents as well.

might give it a miss so. cant wait for the final episode of ray Donovan,then I will watch the whole season in 2 or 3 days

might give it a miss so. cant wait for the final episode of ray Donovan,then I will watch the whole season in 2 or 3 days

Ray Donovan is a great show, really enjoying this season, this show might be good but it's a double episode to start so it's very slow.

Got stuck into Justified, Hell on Wheels and Workaholics

All great shows

Lost track of justified about 3 series back, iI must give it another go, with a wife, job, 2 kids, a drinking habbit and a sports addiction it's hard to make time for tv

I really like The Wire.

Think most other shows are kinda rubbish, though do watch GOT and TWD. That's about it.

• Advertisement

I really like The Wire.

Think most other shows are kinda rubbish, though do watch GOT and TWD. That's about it.

GoT is much watch TV, TWD is a bit repetative, iI tend to watch the very start, first few minutes and then skip to the end, iI haven't watched any of the new show yet

GoT is much watch TV, TWD is a bit repetative, iI tend to watch the very start, first few minutes and then skip to the end, iI haven't watched any of the new show yet

What is Go t?

What is Go t?

Game of Thrones, TWD is The Walking Dead.

What is Go t?

A type of facial hair.

A type of facial hair.

Shemale likes your post X2

• Advertisement
Advertisement