Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic: Gamblers Ramblings

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Slattsy wrote: »
    The 000's are down lads, O'Leary know's DC is the winner !!

Simpletons and their money are soon parted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

Shemale wrote: »
    Simpletons and their money are soon parted.

He has 50 cent e/w on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Coffee on. Bacon, eggs, mushrooms and spinach cooking. Racing about to start. Happy days

BumperD wrote: »
    Coffee on. Bacon, eggs, mushrooms and spinach cooking. Racing about to start. Happy days

Spinach you sick pup!!

I have 2.5kg of brisket in brine for a week now, will be slow cooking it tomorrow and gonna make a pig of myself :D

Shemale wrote: »
    Spinach you sick pup!!

I have 2.5kg of brisket in brine for a week now, will be slow cooking it tomorrow and gonna make a pig of myself :D

I,m going to be having a nice but of roast pork myself.....and yes.....spinach wouldn't be my cup of tea either,if I wanted iron I would rather drink guinness

• Advertisement

Spinach is good for you. Like Popeye!!

Spinach is good for you. Like Popeye!!

Popeye was a lightweight :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Dying!

Right, off for pints to watch this match :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm heading for pints around 4,daddy day care up until then

Dying!

Right, off for pints to watch this match :)

Any jobs where you work, I do well to make the pub once a month.

Seriously though, anyone know of any IT firms looking for a guy with18 years insurance experience with ISTQB cert and half way through a Cert in Computing?

• Advertisement

Did you ever get an insurance/ underwriting qualification? Need to bolt that on or else close out the IT qualification though that latter industry is rapid moving so I imagine constantly upgrading skills.

Bumper, i always thought you were about 57.

I am 67.

Today was a good day. I won't complain.

Today was a good day. I won't complain.

Did herself touch your naughty parts?

Did herself touch your naughty parts?

Did you ever get an insurance/ underwriting qualification? Need to bolt that on or else close out the IT qualification though that latter industry is rapid moving so I imagine constantly upgrading skills.

Yeah, I have a Diploma and its on my CV.

For all the IT jobs, not one willing to even ask what my average assignment grade is or take a chance on someone who will at least have a 2.2 from DCU in May. Wife is due 6 weeks before finals and have 2 year old and working full time so am being realistic, good chance of 2.1 I think.

Rotten head on me today. Had a skinful of pints last night. Not sure how I made it through the day

Bit bewildering to see reve back over fences tomorrow.should be interesting to see how he gets on.he was a bit of a big bucks in the sense he wasnt in love with chasing,thats why they sent him hurdling (good decision as it turned out)

• Advertisement

Has anyone ever bought a brand new car?

Always said i wouldnt, but im contemplating it. If its ever going to happen it'll be now. Just married, no children, 2 of us in fairly secure jobs.
    Big benefit is you get the car you want, the spec you want etc and i'd probably keep it for 5/6 years, even longer.
    Neg obviously the serious depreciation.

Or should i just be looking for that nearly new car.. not get the exact spec i want, but save a few quid.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I bought my car brand new 9 years ago, great to be able to get exactly what you want and know that no-one else has driven it, I think everyone should have a new car once. I wouldn't buy a new car again, I'm taking ownership of a 2 year old car next week, far better option in my opinion now.

Has anyone ever bought a brand new car?

Always said i wouldnt, but im contemplating it. If its ever going to happen it'll be now. Just married, no children, 2 of us in fairly secure jobs.
    Big benefit is you get the car you want, the spec you want etc and i'd probably keep it for 5/6 years, even longer.
    Neg obviously the serious depreciation.

Or should i just be looking for that nearly new car.. not get the exact spec i want, but save a few quid.

If you want to throw away money, buy a new car. I did it once and never again, you lose 20% of the value when you drive it out of the garage. Buy a 6 month old or 1 yr old if you must, but certainly not one just out of the wrapper

Just back from the gym. Feel a lot better after sweating out a cocktail of drinks I downed last night.

Dream feeding my little 1 here, hopefully will get 5 or 6 hours sleep tonight

If you want to throw away money, buy a new car. I did it once and never again, you lose 20% of the value when you drive it out of the garage. Buy a 6 month old or 1 yr old if you must, but certainly not one just out of the wrapper

Oh i understand that 100%

If i found the car i wanted, with the spec i wanted, even if car was 2 year old i'd prob get it.

But im struggling right now to see that car. So thats what has me thinking of going new, it could be my only chance.

Don't forget you'll be waiting for a new car, can take 2 months for a new car to be delivered

Dont mind that, no probs with current car. Ideally want it for April anyway.

What type of motor are you thinking of? U.K. Have high spec motors, might be worth importing if there is none here

• Advertisement

UK cars have miles on the speedo, that wrecks my head. If you're in no rush why not wait a couple of months to see if you get what you want and if you don't order a 162

Advertisement