Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic: Gamblers Ramblings

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Slattsy wrote: »
    The plan is to put the deposit down tomorrow!! So excited.

I hope it doesn't take them long to get it just the way you like it
    6735b501d96b61e2d237d78934e4befc.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

3 - 4 months !!
    I'll wait and reg it on the 1st of July though, and have a 162 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

Slattsys getting a reliant robin!!! He will be the delboy of dublin :)

Faugheen out - thats my AP done, and they were looking handsome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

The perils of AP. Are you still nibbling at the Cossack? He's 4's now. I just cannot see him winning but I've been wrong before, if they stick a hood on him he might do better but Im not buying annual excuses for his two prior trips to Cheltenham

• Advertisement

/I think if you look at last years run, you'd blame Cooper and not the horse

The other run was shocking tbf.

I've stopped backing him once he went 9/2. Got mostly 11/2 so im happy enough. Think i've about 250e in total on!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Fecking Car Insurance is a costly thing!

Even on a 1L that's 2001 it's a few Grand :(

Yeah its gone up for everyone this year.

A few grand though, you must be a young lad?

Yeah its gone up for everyone this year.

A few grand though, you must be a young lad?

Turn 21 this October. Have the test coming up in a few weeks. Not buying anything till after I pass it though.

Any tips on trying to get it down :p

Ride someone that works in insurance!!

(but mostly pass the test)

:D

• Advertisement

Deposit down!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Well done that man.

Copper_Pipe, named driver experience for as long as you can, once you turn into an old f**k like myself it'll be cheap anyway.

Clareman wrote: »
    Well done that man.

Copper_Pipe, named driver experience for as long as you can, once you turn into an old f**k like myself it'll be cheap anyway.

Yeah might put the car in the parents name and me as named driver.

Will have a notebook for Horses and a notebook for Insurance quotes soon enough :p

Yeah might put the car in the parents name and me as named driver.

Will have a notebook for Horses and a notebook for Insurance quotes soon enough :p

Do as many of the advanced driving courses as possible as well sign up for the safe driving courses or whatever. Oh yeah, and don't crash :D

Do as many of the advanced driving courses as possible as well sign up for the safe driving courses or whatever. Oh yeah, and don't crash :D

Easier said than done ha

Easier said than done ha

I totalled my father's car when I was 17, all part of growing up :D

I totalled my father's car when I was 17, all part of growing up :D

I'm sure you learned from your mistake and sure isn't that what it's all about!

Named driver is the way I started as well. That 2k insurance is daft. Don't do that route, it's a crazy price. Once you have your full license and a couple of years as named driver as Clareman suggested, price will fall quickly. Also, shop around.

I'm sure you learned from your mistake and sure isn't that what it's all about!

Yeah, I learned it's better to mess up someone else's no claims than your own

I need a beer

• Advertisement

Check out the conditions to ride in the 3:20 at Sandown tomorrow. These traditions are brilliant, long may they last.

Im doing absolutely nothing this weekend and i cant ****ing wait !!

Im doing absolutely nothing this weekend and i cant ****ing wait !!

I would drink pints right now, I think I'll head down the local for the second half of the Munster match tonight

I need a weekend off, tore the arse out of it last weekend!!

I'd rather watch paint dry than sit in a pub watching a boring rugby match !

BumperD wrote: »
    Check out the conditions to ride in the 3:20 at Sandown tomorrow. These traditions are brilliant, long may they last.

Very Live looks the one

I need a weekend off, tore the arse out of it last weekend!!

I'd rather watch paint dry than sit in a pub watching a boring rugby match !

The wife has been sick for the last couple of weeks so it's been work to minding kids for the past 2 weeks for me, I have a pass for tonight so I don't care if it's opera on the TV, once it's in the pub I don't really care

Find a pub w/o the rugby or one with no tv, that's what i'd do.

Find a pub w/o the rugby or one with no tv, that's what i'd do.

Nah, I'll head down to my local, have the craic with the auld lads there and maybe a few games of darts.

Or have a few cans in the shed!

• Advertisement

Been a long week. Intense is the word. Will likely have a beer or a dozen, washed down with some rum

Advertisement