Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic: Gamblers Ramblings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

BumperD wrote: »
    Horrific injury. i always hold my breath when I see a jockey fall off a horse

Very sad. You'd almost think he was over the worst of it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Slattsy wrote: »
    I don't really bet on Galway, other than the Plate & Hurdle.

At the 3s Boynton possibly an each way steal, I thought he won well last time.

That thunder snow was 12/1 last night.

We need some more dedicated threads me thinks. We should have a dedicated aftertiming thread. And a ladbrokes promotions thread come to think of it.
    You can predict a lot by just going online the night before, seeing what's backed, then framing a story around it the next day and boom it appears online here with amazing regularity. I'm sure the knowledgeable can see this after observing for a while. For those dipping in and out, they may not care a jot.

I do love the "but my main bet was on x" from 6 selections and I "ended up for the day". Would make the minister for information in Iraq during Saddams fall blush :)

Think its worth reposting these, the week thats in it and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

You can predict a lot by just going online the night before, seeing what's backed, then framing a story around it the next day and boom it appears online here with amazing regularity. I'm sure the knowledgeable can see this after observing for a while. For those dipping in and out, they may not care a jot.

I do love the "but my main bet was on x" from 6 selections and I "ended up for the day". Would make the minister for information in Iraq during Saddams fall blush :)

Your post must have been a bit too subtle as those "dipping in and out " did not respond and you find it necessary to repost,the "knowledgeable" as you describe them are saying very little also and I presume you include yourself in that elite? group.

If that is the case good luck to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭droidman123

Bumper is spot on in what he is saying

• Advertisement

Bumper is spot on in what he is saying

But what exactly is he saying? and if it is as he suggests a few straightforward examples might enlighten us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭droidman123

But what exactly is he saying? and if it is as he suggests a few straightforward examples might enlighten us.

The examples are there for all to see.people saying that they only had small stakes on when their fancy is beaten,and a wedge on when it wins

The examples are there for all to see.people saying that they only had small stakes on when their fancy is beaten,and a wedge on when it wins
    So you say but why not give the examples rather than tell us they are there.
    If someone cannot say they backed a horse that was posted in the "fancies"thread after the event and thank the poster then we may as well concentrate on the,possibly fictional accounts of how much posters can drink and the hangovers they get.

So you say but why not give the examples rather than tell us they are there.
    If someone cannot say they backed a horse that was posted in the "fancies"thread after the event and thank the poster then we may as well concentrate on the,possibly fictional accounts of how much posters can drink and the hangovers they get.

The fancy was 12 months old. A blatant after timer.

Everything I have stated is 100% accurate. If you want me to trawl back through your posts and highlight them, I can but you can do that yourself. Even if the zimmerframe is creaking and the memory failing, you can click to read back all your posts which are littered with after timing. Beginning to think you don't even realize it. Or perhaps you do. Anyway, good luck to you, you need it judging by the monkey bets, sure things etc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Take it to PM lads, if it's worth continuing.

• Advertisement

The fancy was 12 months old. A blatant after timer.

Everything I have stated is 100% accurate. If you want me to trawl back through your posts and highlight them, I can but you can do that yourself. Even if the zimmerframe is creaking and the memory failing, you can click to read back all your posts which are littered with after timing. Beginning to think you don't even realize it. Or perhaps you do. Anyway, good luck to you, you need it judging by the monkey bets, sure things etc.

I make my own luck and unlike you I try to provide value bets for those who wish to follow and with reasonable success.
    Yourself and a few likeminded buddies are more at home talking about hangovers.
    You are welcome to your little incestuous and boring thread,i much prefer to talk about horseracing and I will continue to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Complete noob poster who's only been betting a few months based off predictions on here. I've done a profit and loss analysis on all the bets I've made recently and would estimate I'm up about 4k this year thanks to Zimmer alone.

They're are other reliable folk too that I follow half the time and have thankfully had good success. I do this for fun, don't care about after timing or bragging rights but guys like Zimmer and Sgt Pepper have provided such consistent bets over the past couple of months, I have no reason to question them at all.

Keep them coming lads, they're much appreciated

The truth is often painful.

I'll drink to that! :D

The truth is often painful.

I'll drink to that! :D
    Do that but try not to post when you are on the sauce and you might make more sense.

Do that but try not to post when you are on the sauce and you might make more sense.

Actually stone cold sober. Nothing personal.

Hanging.

And im to play a round of golf soon. COFFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Hanging.

And im to play a round of golf soon. COFFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hope you get on better at it than the hurling. 😀

Actually stone cold sober. Nothing personal.
    Nothing personal at all,i am only interested in trying to increase ones chances of making a profit backing horses and trying to find value bets.
    You claim to mainly back in graded races and that is fine but most punters bet on a daily basis and are interested in the fancies thread.

They are well capable of forming an opinion as to the value of taking notice of the various posters who put their selections up.
    I am pretty straightforward in the way I put my fancies up and I usually try to give the reasons why my selections might be worth supporting when time allows.
    I have little time for those who are critical from the sidelines and whose record of tipping winners is mediocre.
    I do not mind a bit of good natured banter and have no objection to posters informing us of their drinking prowess and fast food preferances but my sole interest on these forums is betting and I have survived in this game for a long time and have many contacts in racing.

I consider myself to be as well informed as most punters and believe that my approach to backing horses is basically sound and my only motive in posting here is share info for the purpose of BETTER BETTING.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Anyone ever been to Miami? Recommend any hotel?

Z Ocean Hotel

Corner of Ocean Drive and Collins Avenue

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Right, stop it. There are a couple of people in this thread on thin ice, so let's drop the personal sniping please.

Right now, I'm finding difficult to justify the presence of this thread. Consider whether your posts will affect that view.

• Advertisement

Hope you get on better at it than the hurling. 😀

Walked it off! Tired now.

abarkie wrote: »
    Z Ocean Hotel

Corner of Ocean Drive and Collins Avenue

Cheers man, but just booked it a few days ago. Cant wait now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Walked it off! Tired now.

Tired is just a state of mind!

Tired is just a state of mind!

Even though i went round in a buggy :D

Might have a disco nap! Then head out for a pint, tis a BHW :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Cheers man, but just booked it a few days ago. Cant wait now!

Get yourself down to Key West for a couple of days when you visit

Well worth it to recharge the batteries, Miami can be a bit muggy and too many people posing

Key West is much more laid back - you even have to wait for chickens to cross the road

abarkie wrote: »
    Get yourself down to Key West for a couple of days when you visit

Well worth it to recharge the batteries, Miami can be a bit muggy and too many people posing

Key West is much more laid back - you even have to wait for chickens to cross the road

Going at the end of October, have 3 nights there then a cruise.
    Really looking forward to it. Key West is defo on the agenda!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

All the posts criticising the Byrnes treble are being deleted in the other forum, why are they defending this kind of thing?

ShaneU wrote: »
    All the posts criticising the Byrnes treble are being deleted in the other forum, why are they defending this kind of thing?

Why?

People put up 'well handicapped' horses every day there, knowing trainers are holding them back to get them back on a winning mark, for a bit of a touch, but when they dont back these gambled on horses people complain about it?
    Its the height of hypocrisy.

Thats the game, everyone knows it.

(i didnt even look in other forum fwiw)

I'm sober. Feels odd.

• Advertisement

What is wrong with Ryan Moore??

Advertisement