Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Shower Overheating issue

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Bruthal wrote: »
    You sent a Triton diagram. Where is the pressure switch in it? Does the t90 not have a pressure switch?

The Mira diagram shows a double pole switch. One pole powers the low pressure light. Is that the pressure switch, or the selector? Because I can't see the selector switch possibly powering the low pressure light. Can you plumber lover?

In post 174 by me:
    I am making a specific point that the common terminals of the micro switches have 230v regardless of the pressure switch. You said previously that when the when the pressure switch opens it disconnets supply from the micro switches.

This is a yes or no answer. Does the pressure switch disconnect the supply from the micro switches? Yes or no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

In post 174 by me:

This is a yes or no answer. Does the pressure switch disconnect the supply from the micro switches? Yes or no.
    Does the diagrams show the pressure switches. Yes or no:)

Come on Arthur I don't have all night.

Does the diagrams show the pressure switches. Yes or no:)

Where do you see multiple pressure switches in the wiring diagram? :confused:

I read that post and was about to report it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Yea I fitted a t bar mixer for the female friend a few weeks ago. Great job they are. Likely hard on the water tax though.

I dont have a thermostatic mixer, looking to get one, but I still think they will be easier on the use of hot water/energy to heat (money) and water usage (money soon) than the electric, which I checked once and was suprised at the water usage. The shower from the hot water tank is just from the bath tap/shower connection currently, pressure is acceptable, despite this the other half prefers not to use it, even when there is water in the tank (another story/thread).

I was beginning to think from considering the operation of my shower (it expels some hot water if its turned on soon after its been used previously), its a T 90xr from reading here, I began to think that it might have a faulty outlet thermal cut out.
    from the diagram in the manual it looks like the cut out is available as a seperate replaceable component but with some wiring in the part numbered item.
    Although page 16 has a warning that confirms what happens with my shower. "That a slug of hot water can be expelled if turning on after recently turning shower off".

It looks like the outlet thermal cut out is connected/can interrupt the water supply via the inlet solenoid if operated. Although by the diagram I'm not sure how this is done unless there is other wiring not shown?

Where do you see multiple pressure switches in the wiring diagram? :confused:

What I'm saying is, the Triton diagram does not seem to show the pressure switch. Its missing. Yes?

And the Mira one does not show the micro switches and pressure switches separate. But it clearly shows the low pressure warning Lights connected to the switch that is visible. So the diagrams are not very conclusive

I read that post and was about to report it.

Report away. here
    1-0 to Arthur the reporter:)

Im out, i am man enough to admit i am wrong when proven wrong and have apolgised in this thread when i have said something wrong, i have been accused of stating that a flow switch was a pressure switch which is also wrong which i led slide, i had ammo to hit other posters to which i didnt.
    A big man shoots the guy, a bigger man walks away.

Im out, i am man enough to admit i am wrong when proven wrong and have apolgised in this thread when i have said something wrong, i have been accused of stating that a flow switch was a pressure switch which is also wrong which i led slide, i had ammo to hit other posters to which i didnt.
    A big man shoots the guy, a bigger man walks away.
    Where is the pressure switch on the Triton diagram, big man?

• Advertisement

Where is the pressure switch on the Triton diagram, big man?

I supplied electrical drawings as proof. Maybe i am wrong in posts. If other posters prove my posts wrong ill first hand say im wrong. I would welcome some ones other input.

I supplied electrical drawings as proof. Maybe i am wrong in posts. If other posters prove my posts wrong ill first hand say im wrong. I would welcome some ones other input.

Proof of what. It's not a competition. To you it obviously is with your plumbers 1-0 last week. Arthur the boards champion hey.

But you still have not shown me where the pressure switch is on the Triton diagram. If it's not on it, the drawing is missing it I presume. If it's missing it, then how is it proof of anything?

Proof of what. It's not a competition.

You asked for proof of a diagram, i am not making a competition out of this. You have failed to address what i have debated in your posts. You have turned personal and like what they say in dragons den Im out.

You asked for proof of a diagram, i am not making a competition out of this. You have failed to address what i have debated in your posts. You have turned personal and like what they say in dragons den Im out.

I asked for a diagram showing the wiring diagram. The diagram has a flaw. So yes, you best run along there now. Plumbers bunk is it?

Don't forget to send that oul report.

I asked for a diagram showing the wiring diagram. The diagram has a flaw. So yes, your best run along there now. Plumbers bunk is it?

Where is the flaw, where in the wiring diagram does 230v not be present in the common terminal of the micro switches?

Where is the flaw, where in the wiring diagram does 230v not be present in the common terminal of the micro switches?
    I said this 5 times now. The Triton shower diagram is missing the pressure switch. Or I am at least. Now if pressure switch is missing, then diagram is incorrect.

The Mira one does not show the selector switches and pressure switches separate.

I simply asked for a diagram to see about what you said. Simple as that.

Why you have this obsession about proof I don't know. Sleeper himself also said pressure switch supplies selector.

Look at the t90 diagram Arthur. And tell me what switches off the elements when the user switches off the start button.

Can you see any problem?

Why you have this obsession about proof I don't know.

You are the one that requested proof :confused:

You are the one that requested proof :confused:

I didn't. I genuinely asked to see any diagram.

Now look at the t90 diagram. What switches off the elements in that diagram when start button is off?

Can you not see the elements are permanently connected. Or am I missing something?

I didn't. I genuinely asked to see any diagram.

Now look at the t90 diagram. What switches off the elements in that diagram when start button is off?

Isnt looking for a diagram proof or is it possible to word it a different way to make it confusing and avoid the topic?

• Advertisement

Isnt looking for a diagram proof or is it possible to word it a different way to make it confusing and avoid the topic?

Arthur. Try having a discussion.

Now, in the t90 diagram, what switches off the elements when the start button is turned off?

Arthur. Try having a discussion.

Now, in the t90 diagram, what switches off the elements when the start button is turned off?

When you cannot answer my post and get personnal i draw the line there. Do you want me to say that all the posts you made are correct? Are are your posts that you have made correct yes or no?

When you cannot answer my post and get personnal i draw the line there. Do you want me to say that all the posts you made are correct? Are are your posts that you have made correct yes or no?

All my posts correct in this forum. Of course not. Far from it.

Now that your fantasy has come true, what switches off the elements in the Triton diagram you sent?? ??

All my posts correct in this forum. Of course not. Far from it.

Would you like to tell which posts you made an error in?

Looks like the elements in your Triton diagram are permanently connected. Not a great shower setup that.

Would you like to tell which posts you made an error in?

O your obsessed alright. Someone actually said that to me in person last week. Looks like they got that right:)

Not a great shower with permanently connected elements Arthur. Is it?

Looks like the elements in your Triton diagram are permanently connected. Not a great shower setup that.

Thats interesting, lets here other views on it.

Thats interesting, lets here other views on it.

What switches them off in that diagram. You must know. You sent it as proof.

I know it's the pressure switch. But where is it?

What switches them off in that diagram. You must know. You sent it as proof.

I would like you to answer my post that i asked you several times. You have failed to answer it. Do you want me to say i am wrong and you are right?

• Advertisement

I would like you to answer my post that i asked you several times. You have failed to answer it. Do you want me to say i am wrong and you are right?

No because I don't care. I'm just here to have a laugh.

Advertisement