Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Shower Overheating issue

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,092 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Good story sleeper12, i was expecting you to say it was another item that vibrates that women use. :pac:

Hey I can't say what she was using it for. All I can say is It was a razor & it vibrates. :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭John T Carroll

Just to come back to you on this post wouldn't a timer be as easy as anything that is set to the duty cycle that the manufacturer recommends.

That would do the job as well, no doubt, it depends I suppose on what importance is attached to situations like that, above. I never even thought that it could happen until I tried my own shower and obviously the same thing happened as the Start/Stop switch is exactly that, press to Start and press to Stop.

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Hey I can't say what she was using it for. All I can say is It was a razor & it vibrates. :):):)

I hope it was a safety razor with a latching relay and a timer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

That would do the job as well, no doubt, it depends I suppose on what importance is attached to situations like that, above. I never even thought that it could happen until I tried my own shower and obviously the same thing happened as the Start/Stop switch is exactly that, press to Start and press to Stop.

It is a good cause for concern for sure. I know the chances of water mains failure is low while having a shower but its possible for sure. What way would you link in a latching relay that if one forgot to turn shower off at water mains failure it would switch shower off?

It is a good cause for concern for sure. I know the chances of water mains failure is low while having a shower but its possible for sure. What way would you link in a latching relay that if one forgot to turn shower off at water mains failure it would switch shower off?

Just a comment here. If anyone invents a timer for an electric shower they'll make a lot of money. The amount of clients that ask about this is amazing. Seems once the kids hit teenage years they have half hour showers.

• Advertisement

I'd say any of the electrical guys here could design the circuit in 5 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Just a comment here. If anyone invents a timer for an electric shower they'll make a lot of money. The amount of clients that ask about this is amazing. Seems once the kids hit teenage years they have half hour showers.

I could make ye one with key code for parental control. We'll be rich:)

People will start having navy showers when the charges come in. Interesting fact:
    A ten-minute shower takes as much as 230 litres (60 U.S. gallons) of water, while a navy shower usually takes as little as 11 litres (3 U.S. gallons); one person can save 56,000 litres (15,000 U.S. gallons) per year

People will start having navy showers when the charges come in. Interesting fact:
    A ten-minute shower takes as much as 230 litres (60 U.S. gallons) of water, while a navy shower usually takes as little as 11 litres (3 U.S. gallons); one person can save 56,000 litres (15,000 U.S. gallons) per year

Have to say I love my power shower (around 18 litres per minute I think)
    The way forward is a rainwater harvesting system for toilets and Washing machine. I figure if I save enough water this way I can still have my power showers. :)

Navy showers and polish landing strip installation equipment maintenance tonight. Good variety in this thread.

• Advertisement

The way forward is a rainwater harvesting system for toilets and Washing machine. I figure if I save enough water this way I can still have my power showers. :)

Yea I put a t bar mixer in the other half's house a few weeks ago. Brilliant yokes.

Bruthal wrote: »
    Navy showers and polish landing strip installation equipment maintenance tonight. Good variety in this thread.

Oops. Have we gone off topic?
    :)

On average its 3 times the consumption of the average instant shower. If you shower in one third of the time it should balance out.

On average its 3 times the consumption of the average instant shower. If you shower in one third of the time it should balance out.

Or shower every 3 days. :)

Or shower every 3 days. :)

That is a false thought as you would be 3 times more dirty and hence have a longer shower.

newbie13 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have the Galaxy G9000 Electric wall shower in my bathroom since the house was built.

It always turn on the " Overheat Increase Flow " light after I turn off the shower.Most of the time the "Light" stays on with Overheat Increase flow. There are two light on the shower 1 is for the POWER 2nd for Overheat.

It doesnt come up during I have bath.After I finish my bath,I turn off the shower in 4-5 second I hear something inside boiling then this light come up.

I have tried to cool down the water flow before I turn off,then turn off the switch.

I turn off from main switch from which is on the ceiling.Is this dangerous to do it ?
    I dont know how to deal with. Is there anyone with experienced with these Electric Power showers. ?
    thanks

Any update on your problem above, I trust you dont mind me asking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

That is a false thought as you would be 3 times more dirty and hence have a longer shower.

I tried that with shaving, (my face) reduces the life of the blades as instead of cleaning up the face, end up hacking the blades to bits every 4-7 days and spend as long (probably longer) at it aswell.
    Yes that's the main point I am making, but because of the unusual circumstances she simply forgot both to press the stop button and to pull the cord switch, either of which would have prevented the shower from restarting.

Now of course the shower(s) could be designed with a start button and a latching relay which in the event of the above would trip thus stopping the shower restarting automatically after an upset. But all this costs money and in a competitive market etc etc. You can be sure that there are a few disasters (hopefully not fatal) each year because of "human errors" like the above but it is deemed an acceptable risk.

I think this is a good idea, you cant account for what some people will or wont do. Anything that takes that decision out of the hands of someone who doesnt know better means it will prevent the problem occurring, of course with extra components, increases the chance of it not working for that reason and extra cost for it to be designed added in, I mean to a new model, not retrofitted.

Advertisement