Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rancilio Silvia Dilemma

• 20-07-2014 7:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'd appreciate your thoughts on this one.
    My Gaggia machine has just sat down on me and I'd like to upgrade to the above.
    I've had many coffee machines thru the years, some very cheap (like my current dead Gaggia!) and I think it's time to spend a little more.
    I'd love a Rocket Giotto but funds won't allow (kids need to eat etc)

My problem is, having decided on a Silvia , I'm finding that the cheapest new (don't want second hand/'never used' EBay/done deal items) is from a company that gets lots of bad press on here.
    I have no wish to send my hard earned onto a shower of cowboys... Or maybe things have improved? ... Certainly their telephone manners have NOT!

Can anyone recommend an alternate supplier around the same price?
    Preferably one with after sales service...

Also, has technology caught up with the Silvia, should I be looking at another brand that might give more bang for buck?

Btw I can't post a URL as I'm a low poster, but the Silvia in question is going for €469.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

Not sure which company you are referring to which gets bad press, but I got my Silvia from:
    https://www.espressocoffeeshop.com/

Was happy enough dealing with them, can't speak to any after-sales service as had no need of it

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Broadsider

Thanks very much Seanos ..
    I'm not sure what the rules are here re-naming and shaming!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

(I wasn't looking for you to name the company in question, I had just no clue if it was the one I used)

Not your supplier.. It's a .ie, but run from the UK .. By Italians from what I can figure..
    At any rate, that company you've posted is within €50 of my original quote so thanks a mil that'll do nicely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭cargen

Broadsider wrote: »
    Not your supplier.. It's a .ie, but run from the UK .. By Italians from what I can figure..
    At any rate, that company you've posted is within €50 of my original quote so thanks a mil that'll do nicely!

Hi,
    I bought my rancilio Silvia from them and no issues at all.
    But you are right, someone is giving bad reviews

• Advertisement

seanos wrote: »
    Not sure which company you are referring to which gets bad press, but I got my Silvia from:

Was happy enough dealing with them, can't speak to any after-sales service as had no need of it

Just purchased , thanks again , can't wait!

B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Broadsider wrote: »
    Just purchased , thanks again , can't wait!

B

Just seeing this now. Shame because I could have shared my experiences with [snipped].

Your order will arrive in time and everything will be fine. The problem with them will be when/if you have an issue.

I have bought from them in the past. Personally, I would avoid them, however, its a bit late now for you.

Like I said, I wouldnt worry too much about issues with your new order, I just find them very unresponsive when there is a problem to the point where they will ignore your emails and you will have to take your machine/product to a repair shop.

There are several posts all over the internet, and even in boards about these guys.

Good luck anyway, great machine btw.

Advertisement