Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to save €€€ with Liberty Insurance

Options
  • 20-07-2014 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Every year these <snip> sent me an insurance quota almost the same price as last year. Why? Well what I can put it down to is that most people will think "oh thank god it hasn't gone up this year" and just pay it without knowing any better.

I'm a young driver and never had an accident or claim so my insurance should dropping every year due to more and more years no claim bonus.

The solution is to get a brand new quote from them online. I'm not 100% sure of the figures but I believe you get 5% discount for getting a quote online and 10% discount is you already have a policy with them (which you do if your policy hasn't expired yet).

Anyway, I should be paying €800 this year according to them, but i've got it down to €500 just by getting a new quote. A nice saving of €300 and I didn't have to rage at anyone down the phone to save the cash.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

my renewal is due in a few weeks and i got a quote of 547 gone up from 380e , my online quote is 640 with exact same details :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭tenifan

Put a named driver on the policy who doesn't have any penalty driving convictions (not sure about penalty points). Reduced my premium by a good bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Ring them, tell them that company xxx (FBD/Axa/Aviva, take your pick) has offered you a quote of xxx-whatever and they will drop their drawers.

The reason they try to rip you off with the renewal is that every year they put out the beal bocht propaganda saying that claims are sky rocketing, they're losing money hand over fist and premiums are going up so they expect that a lot of people will simply fall for the BS and pay the higher renewal quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 stop that now

Im with them Iv 7 years no claims learner permit , no points nothing against me and they quote me 810 this year ,saying that people with no insurance in my area causing accidents n driving up insurance premiums. I got down to 550 after saying I found cheaper elsewhere and was leaving them and then by adding parents as name drivers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭rotun

Are you 7 years on a provisional? Or including your provisional experience in your ncb?

I had 7 years on a provisional for that quote yes .and after getting down to that price , I have just passed driving test on Friday and the best liberty will do is 480 with the full licence , .I Thought a full licence would make more of a difference in insurance but now they saying it's my cars fault lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭rotun

I have just passed driving test on Friday

they saying it's my cars fault lol

Congratulations!

Different cars get loaded randomly depending on who your with. Did you try chill? They were a few hundred less than axa for me this year, and the cheapest for my mortgage protection also..

Thanks im ever so proud of my n plates hehe .Il try chill , iv tried lots other places and they all say it's cos my car is old , im not even given the option of comprehensive insurance cos of my car being a 95

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭tenifan

Thanks im ever so proud of my n plates hehe .Il try chill , iv tried lots other places and they all say it's cos my car is old , im not even given the option of comprehensive insurance cos of my car being a 95

1995?

Not sure if it's still this way.. but Liberty used to add €100 to your insurance if your car is valued at less than €1000. Wouldn't be surprised if they add even more for old cars.

• Advertisement

That's likely the case ,Well chill insurance are quoting above 700 so il stay with liberty this year and maybe look towards buying more expensive car

Advertisement