Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Used digital xbox one games

Options
  • 20-07-2014 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi folks, sorry if this has been asked before. I just got myself an xbox one and I'm looking for a few games, any way I stumbled across some one selling a digital copy of FIFA 14 on eBay, he says he will send the login details of a new xbox live account to the buyer who then just goes to the xbox store and re downloads the game which can then be played on any account on the Xbox one.

The seller has 100% good feedback so I don't think it's a scam but I'm just wondering has any one else bought games this way and is at simple as that?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I wouldn't do it because there is loads of ways it could blow up in your face and I don't think it's a good risk/reward situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Hi folks, sorry if this has been asked before. I just got myself an xbox one and I'm looking for a few games, any way I stumbled across some one selling a digital copy of FIFA 14 on eBay, he says he will send the login details of a new xbox live account to the buyer who then just goes to the xbox store and re downloads the game which can then be played on any account on the Xbox one.

The seller has 100% good feedback so I don't think it's a scam but I'm just wondering has any one else bought games this way and is at simple as that?

Cheers
    no way would i roll with that tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

no way would i roll with that tbh.

Super dodge to be honest!

Like anything with the internet, if its too good to be true, it is too good to be true.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Fieldog wrote: »
    Super dodge to be honest!

Like anything with the internet, if its too good to be true, it is too good to be true.... :)
    yeah selling accounts with one game that you make main account on your one is pure dodgy tbh i imagine selling accounts like that is where ms will crack the whip eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

definitley dodge, sure if that was above board you could sign up for gold or ps+ and sell a years worth of free games at any time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

I heard of this a while ago.

This can be found on ebay right now.

But seller has 100% positive feedback and has been at this a while. So it must be working for some people.

I did it myself on the ps3 before many times.
    I could download a game using my friend's profile, but before I install the game, I logout, then sign-in with my own profile, install game and play away. But my profile was the console's master profile. Apparently this didn't work so well for people who installed the game and their profile wasn't the initial profile put on console first day. I dunno why. But it worked grand for me. Haven't played ps3 in 6 months so this mighten work anymore.

Btw, there is a download limit to a purchased title, used to be 10 times on ps3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

fwiw, I traded login details with a few users I trusted on a games platform and we all signed in, downloaded eachothers purchases, then signed off. I was able to play all the games I downloaded until I got bored and deleted them. This worked on both PS3 and 360 but it was about 3 years ago so they may have tightened things up now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Everyone used to do account swaps on the PS3 back when you could have 5 users on one account, now its harder to do since theres only 2 users per account. Or console, whatever.

Advertisement