Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trying to restore factory settings in Win 7

• 20-07-2014 1:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭

The only problem is that I cant get past the admin or user password screens. This could be due to the fact that the process was interrupted last time I tried, Battery may have died in the middle of it. Any way to do it from safe mode? It's an e-machines laptop.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Always works for me OP -

Offline NT password editor

Boot your laptop off the USB key and follow the prompts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Thanks for that. Don't have a usb key at the mo suppose I could use a phone. Would there be any other way than that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Thanks for that. Don't have a usb key at the mo suppose I could use a phone. Would there be any other way than that?

Booting off the phone in mass storage mode is possible alright but it's tricky. I don't suppose you have a memory card in the phone and a memory card adapter for the laptop?

That way you can boot off the memory card.

(Back up everything on the memory card first, as creating a boot image on the card involves formatting the card)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I think I'll wait and get a usb key before I do anything. Thanks for the info.

Advertisement