Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus from Carrigaline to Mahon

Options
  • 20-07-2014 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hey,

I live in Carrigaline and i work in Mahon City Gate. I need to be at work for 8 am.

Can anyone tell me what bus i can get and is it a regular service ?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,947 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

amer13 wrote: »
    Hey,

I live in Carrigaline and i work in Mahon City Gate. I need to be at work for 8 am.

Thanks in advance.

I think the only scheduled bus goes into town via Douglas.
    No direct routes that I know of.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

The 222 will get you to Douglas, then the southern orbital 219 from there to Mahon. Have a look at the timetables on buseireann.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

amer13 wrote: »
    Hey,

Thanks in advance.

Buy a 10 year old car for €500-€750 would be my advice. You'll drive from Carrigaline to Mahon Point very quickly and save yourself at least 1 and a 1/2 hours per Day.

There is no direct bus as far as l know, so you're talking 2 buses + waiting time.

I reckon the drive would be 10 minutes for an 8am start. Buses would be approx. 1 hour each way.

l'd say you'd cycle it in approx. 30 minutes.

Cork City is like that - very poor transport depending on where you are going. For example if you work on the Northside/Southside and lived on the Southside/Northside, trying to get a bus to work would be a disaster. Similarly most places outside the City only go to the City centre and you'd have to get another bus to any City suburbs.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Could you get a bus/taxi to the Rochestown Inn and walk across from there yourself?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,947 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Faith wrote: »
    Could you get a bus/taxi to the Rochestown Inn and walk across from there yourself?

Taxi to mahon would nearly cost the same.
    Options are above.
    Car or two buses plus waiting.
    Maybe see if someone goes that route and grab a lift.
    Lots of people should be heading that way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement