Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice re cat

• 20-07-2014 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭

A cat comes and snoozes in my garden. no problem.how do i ensure he will not start pooping in it. Should ni leave abowl of milk and he thinks it is his feed area?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Don't leave milk, most cat's are lactose intolerant and it gives them the runs so if he drinks it you won't just have normal poops to contend with..! You could try leaving a litter tray in one spot in the garden that may encourage him to go there so at least it will be ina controlled area rather than random surprises around the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭GoodLord

Don't leave milk, most cat's are lactose intolerant and it gives them the runs so if he drinks it you won't just have normal poops to contend with..! You could try leaving a litter tray in one spot in the garden that may encourage him to go there so at least it will be ina controlled area rather than random surprises around the place.
    Don't want litter tray in my garden i am poop intolerant. will have to get off my garden or rue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

There's no guarantee that he will poop in your garden. Our cats don't poop in our garden. A bowl of fresh water would be a good idea though especially if there isn't much rain. Do you know if he's a neighbours cat? Sometimes cats will just follow the sun and sleep anywhere :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭GoodLord

There's no guarantee that he will poop in your garden. Our cats don't poop in our garden. A bowl of fresh water would be a good idea though especially if there isn't much rain. Do you know if he's a neighbours cat? Sometimes cats will just follow the sun and sleep anywhere :)
    yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Cats generally bury there poops anyway, they arent like dogs who just poop and have a sniff and walk away happy. Another plus side he'll keep away the rats and mice

• Advertisement
Advertisement