If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denon Ceol: broken FM coax socket

Options
  • 20-07-2014 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

Denon Ceol RCD-N8 (purchased here in April 2013).

The centre pin of the FM antenna coax socket has snapped off and I can no longer receive an FM signal. Is this covered by the 2-year warranty? If so, what is the preferred method to ship the unit to you? Or should I ship it directly to Denon?

Thanks,

Michael

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

MHP wrote: »

The centre pin of the FM antenna coax socket has snapped off and I can no longer receive an FM signal. Is this covered by the 2-year warranty? If so, what is the preferred method to ship the unit to you? Or should I ship it directly to Denon?

Thanks,

Michael
    Hi Michael,

Sorry to hear about the issue with your Ceol,

You can send the Ceol back to us here in Belfast.  Once we receive it we'll have to send it off to Denon.

If you're shipping it back just pop a little note in with your details and the fault.

Our address is:

Richer Sounds
    7 Smithfield Square North
    Belfast
    Co.  Antrim
    BT1 1FN

If you mark it for the attention of 'Service Department'.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭MHP

Thanks Chris/Kenny, I'll do that.

I suppose it would be no harm to ask Denon to check a fault that I reported more than a year ago (see thread <http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057103183/1#post87967721>). Denon may not be able to diagnose this as it is intermittent and infrequent but one can hope.

Michael

Thanks Chris/Kenny, I'll do that.

I suppose it would be no harm to ask Denon to check a fault that I reported more than a year ago (see thread <http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057103183/1#post87967721>). Denon may not be able to diagnose this as it is intermittent and infrequent but one can hope.

Michael
    Hi MHP.

No problem at all.

I'll also mark the other faulty on the job docket when sending it off and get them to have a look at this also.

I will keep my eye out for the unit arriving back.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks,

Michael
    MHP,

if the centre pin has been snapped off Denon may charge for this, but we will send it back on the initial issue and 100% do our best on the Coax pin bit at the same time!

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John Mc.

I have included a copy of my email correspondence (November 2013) with Denon Support in the box. As the unit has been problematic from the start, maybe they'll relent and fix the antenna connector for free.

Michael

• Advertisement

Thanks John Mc.

I have included a copy of my email correspondence (November 2013) with Denon Support in the box. As the unit has been problematic from the start, maybe they'll relent and fix the antenna connector for free.

Michael
    Hi MHP.

Thanks for that.

Once the unit arrives in with us I will drop you a PM to confirm.

Thanks John Mc.

Michael
    Hi MHP.

Thanks for that.

Once the unit arrives in with us I will drop you a PM to confirm.
    Hi Michael,

Just an update to let you know that your Ceol arrived back with us today.

We'll have it booked in with Denon asap.  When we get updates we'll let you know :)

Chris

Thanks for keeping me informed, Chris. I'm reduced to a cheap Bush portable. It's not nice.

Michael

Thanks for keeping me informed, Chris. I'm reduced to a cheap Bush portable. It's not nice.

Michael
    Hi MHP.

The unit is getting collected from ourselves on Friday.

We'll keep you up to date on its progress and hope fully you are not with out it for too long.

The Ceol was returned to me this morning and all seems to be well. Relieved that there was no charge from Denon. Friendly, efficient and hassel-free service. Many thanks.

Michael

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

The Ceol was returned to me this morning and all seems to be well. Relieved that there was no charge from Denon. Friendly, efficient and hassel-free service. Many thanks.

Michael
    MHP,

that's great - generally Denon tend to be the one of the nicest manufacturers when it comes to looking after stuff which is in a slightly 'grey area' ;)

Saying that - their European HQ for most functions is now in Ireland so we really have a good relationship with them and as they really are contributing to the local economy ( and Denon is run by an Irish woman :D:D) we really should support them.

Thanks again and keep us posted after you have given it a good blast if there are any issues,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.