Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debit Card Fraud

Options
  • 20-07-2014 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

I am wondering how this is dealt with. Just off the phone to discovery I apparently bought office equipment in Missouri my card was afterwards blocked for security and my card couldn't be used to buy Taco Bell afterwards.

I have never been to Missouri. I was however in Florida the week before these transactions. I am being sent a letter of declaration (?). Am I likely to ever see my money again when its shown it wasnt me? :(

Really really annoyed. Would they ever invest in chip and pin over there!:( Not much use if my card was skimmed anyhow.

Cheers.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

HurtLocker wrote: »
    I am wondering how this is dealt with. Just off the phone to discovery I apparently bought office equipment in Missouri my card was afterwards blocked for security and my card couldn't be used to buy Taco Bell afterwards.

I have never been to Missouri. I was however in Florida the week before these transactions. I am being sent a letter of declaration (?). Am I likely to ever see my money again when its shown it wasnt me? :(

Really really annoyed. Would they ever invest in chip and pin over there!:( Not much use if my card was skimmed anyhow.

Cheers.

Which type of debit card, you do not say. If a Visa debit card, you have the same rights as with Visa credit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

Which type of debit card, you do not say. If a Visa debit card, you have the same rights as with Visa credit...

Yah its a Visa Debit card cheers.

Advertisement